• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepping out or not?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Is he stepping out or not?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

So I have been seeing a guy for two years now.  We were together for about three months, broke up for about six, and then got back together.  He has a 9 yo son from a previous relationship and sees Cody every other weekend from Friday at 4:30 to Sunday at 4:30.  I have no problem with that at all.

Three weeks ago, he was supposed to come over to my house for dinner at 5:30 and never showed up.  He sent a text later, at 9:00, wanting to know if I still wanted him to come over.  He claimed he sent me a text at 10:00 am that morning to check about what time to come over and I had nothing.  So maybe he forgot to press "send" and so I told him not to come over because I was going to bed and I had to be up early for work.

The next weekend he had Cody and was supposed to come over after he dropped him off.  Got a text three hours after he was supposed to be here saying that he fell asleep and had just woke up.  I told him to forget it and stay put.

Lots of sweet texts the rest of the week....I told him I was busy every night.  Finally, on a Thursday, we make plans for Saturday night.  I told him I would make dinner and we could build a fire outside on the patio, break out some wine and have a nice evening.  He shows up on time, claims he is sick with a cold (he makes a few half-hearted coughs), eats a little bit of dinner, and then runs out the door.  I get a text three hours later that he's sorry he had to leave and that he wasn't more entertaining. 

I'm calling bullshit.  Is he stepping out or not?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 4, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Sounds like there is something shady going on. Yuck. 

OkieMommyOf6
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I say yes. He sounds like he doesn't want to make you mad and has others in play too. At least this sounds like a situation I have been in a few times and that's what I found out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Well I was right on that one.  Last night I got a facebook message from some girl telling me that he has been seeing her and is cheating on her with me.  She had to do some work to find me on facebook, too.  I guess that also explains why I had the "private number" calls at my house over the past two weeks (which I didn't pick up because I don't answer those calls). I'm completely disgusted, to say the least. 

Quoting OkieMommyOf6: I say yes. He sounds like he doesn't want to make you mad and has others in play too. At least this sounds like a situation I have been in a few times and that's what I found out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 5, 2014 at 11:44 AM

He was.  I found out last night. 

Quoting Sparklepants747:

Sounds like there is something shady going on. Yuck. 

ChangingLanes
by on May. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Yea....I would just ignore him. NEXT.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)