Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an extra boob (with pics)

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 114 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So, I have this huge spongy knot in my back that has a hard center that kind of feels like a 3" piece of rope.

I think it was caused from me falling down the stairs and hitting my back really hard causing scar tissue to form, but I'm really not sure.

The one thing that scares me about it is it changes in size and density with hormone changes. During pregnancy and around my period, it gets bigger and spongier. Other times, it is smaller and more dense.

I asked my doctor about it and he said the sides looked equal to him. Then he said (contradicting himself) that if I wanted it removed that it would be cosmetic and would leave a scar making it pointless.

I don't care about a scar. You can see this huge lump through my clothes and I worry that it is some kind of tumor.

I'm thinking about letting another doctor look at it, but I feel the I may be overreacting. Oh, and I call it my back boob.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norwgnwood
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM
8 moms liked this
Yes! Definitely get a second opinion!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd get a second opinion and a new (honest) doctor.
2Gs
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM
I see it. I would get it checked out, but cosmetically I would not scar that beautiful skin.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I would get that checked out. It's not normal.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd get a second opinion, I had a pcp tell me once at 14 that my heart palpitations were from me drinking too much coffee (I didn't drink ANY coffee at 14) and she brushed me off. A year later I finally asked another doctor who hooked me up to an EKG right away and noticed something and sent me to a cardiologist.

Now I always advocate listening to your gut, if you think the diagnosis is wrong then you should get a second opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Cosmetically, I hate that you can see it through my clothes. I would rather have a small scar, but I'm worried it is something more than scar tissue.

Quoting 2Gs: I see it. I would get it checked out, but cosmetically I would not scar that beautiful skin.
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I definitely seek a second opinion.  What's worse, a tumor or a scar?  By the way, super jealous of you skinny minny

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Uh yeah, I'd be getting a second opinion.  And I'd have it removed, cosmetic or not.

TrouserMouse
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:00 AM
I think I'm going to. I don't like it there. It makes me nervous and I want it out.

Quoting norwgnwood: Yes! Definitely get a second opinion!
Bluescorpia
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM
I have an extra ass on my ass. I fell down the stairs about 10 years ago. When I mentioned this to my Dr, he said it falls under cosmetics surgery. When I bend over, it looks like I've been punched hard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)