Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Puppy Problems

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I have a now 5 month old puppy. There are 2 older dogs that stay here too. One is old and blind. He some times go to my puppys bowl and puppy will run over and start eating from the bowl. I've sometimes seen puppy raise her lip and show teeth at old blind dog and snap at him. No fighting and actual biting yet. The other dog who is 2 she gets along with just fine. I'd say they were husband and wife if I could. But anyways....
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Mobile Photo

Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM

that is a way of talking.. unless there is blood, poop, pee, or crying. No big deal with dogs.

Mine go into growling matches over who gets the one bone when their is the 2nd of the same bone 2 feet away.

cbear2
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:46 AM
I peraonally would correct that behavior.asap! A firm No, be good/nice! Should do it. If not pin ur pup down on his side n put.ur.hand.over his kneck n dont give until he submits. Then tell him good.boy n let him up. Dont make.the.process a big fight/ordeal jus.quick n simple this.teaches him ur alpha not him. Dont allow the other dogs to come check.him out while.ur.doing.this.
I have 3 dogs a f-pit bul, f-shar pei/chow, and a m-st bernard. They are all good friemds but when.it.comes to the pecking order the ppl win every time. Theu squabble once in a while, especially my femaleS, n thats how.we deal with it. Now its a be nice! N they stop.
Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I would put a stop to that. Do they have separate eating areas? If not, start with that. Also teach the puppy that its not ok to snap at someone going near her food. Try hand feeding her and making her work for the food. When she is eating, go near the dish and toss a treat it. It shows her that someone going near the food isn't always a bad thing. Also you may want to consider not just leaving bowls of food sitting around since you have so many dogs. Have a specific feeding schedule for when they eat rather then just free feeding. It will also help control their weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)