Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Denying your husband is cruel and grounds for cheating.

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 580 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sorry for the series of threads but I'm going crazy confined to this bed.

I read a debate yesterday, about women who deny their husbands sex when they aren't in the mood.

One side of the argument: Marriage doesn't give my husband unlimited access to my body. If I don't desire sex, he doesn't get it and he should respect that.

The other argument was: It is cruel not to meet the sexual needs of your husband and expect him to remain monogamous. I give my husband sex even when I don't necessarily feel like it because I love him.

So ladies, what side of this debate do you fall on? 

My sex drive matches my husband's so we don't currently have this issue. However, I struggle with the idea that his desire for sex would override my desire not to have sex.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on May. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
6 moms liked this

Bit in the middle I think, leaning more towards giving him sex though, not because I worry he'll cheat, but because I love him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
53 moms liked this

this

One side of the argument: Marriage doesn't give my husband unlimited access to my body. If I don't desire sex, he doesn't get it and he should respect that.

last time i checked i wasn't a ticket-free amusement park ride.

LectioDivina
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
70 moms liked this
My body is my temple.

I only let in visitors during visiting hours set at my discretion.
rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
6 moms liked this
I don't think being married means you need to give it to him whenever he wants.
sophiesister2
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
19 moms liked this
We have the same sex drive pretty much...until i got pregnant and was sick constantly the first month we didnt have sex except once or twice and if he cheats because of that then he must not love me is what i think
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on May. 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM
47 moms liked this
I think that there is NEVER a grounds for cheating. If your unhappy LEAVE
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM
3 moms liked this
I give in sometimes when I'm not in the mood but that's only if its been awhile since we had sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM
10 moms liked this

Let me put it this way... I have slept with a couple of men I met on craigs list who were married, but their wives refused them sex. I got to know them through emails and met them a few times before we did anything. They were good, sweet men who had been in a sexless marriage for a long time because their wives just didn't see it as a priority anymore, were cheating themselves, or in one case allowed the guy to get sex outside but just didn't want to know about it.  Sorry, but in my opinion, sex is part of marraige. If you refuse to give it up, then he has every right to seek it elsewhere.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM
5 moms liked this
Depends. If I feel bad, we're not having sex, period. If I'm just "not in the mood", I'll suck it up & do it anyway.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
3 moms liked this

I give him what he wants and when he wants it, not for fear of him cheating but out of respect for him, his needs and our marriage. Some of our best sex has been when I really wasn't "in the mood" and gave into him anyway. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN