Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is going on with my baby? update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies

Mobile Photo

We went to the lake yesterday and ds had a great time playing. I put Sunscreen on him so he wouldn't get burned and everything was fine. After we went to my mother's and dropped off my sleeping baby then we went to a movie. When we got back my mom said he was good but his eye was swollen. So we looked and his eye was a little swollen and a little red around it. It didn't look too bad so we gave him some benadryl and put him to bed. Then when we woke up his whole left side of his face was red like in the pic. He also has patches of red on his right side, one on his arm and one on the back of his neck. I'm going to take him to the clinic later when they open but what do you think could be wrong with him? Could it be a reaction to the sunscreen? If it is then why isn't the rash everywhere?

Update: ok so I took ds to the doc and he does have fifth disease. Doc gave him low dose steroids and said he should be fine. That explains why he had a runny nose for about a month. Glad to know what's wrong with him. ?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM
It looks like the sunscreen wasn't put on evenly.
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM
It could be a reaction, or it could be from applying it unevenly. My oldest is allergic to several kinds of sunscreen. She breaks out in hives everywhere the sunscreen is applied
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
It is a spray so I sprayed down his stomach back legs and arms. Then I sprayed it into my hand and put it on his face. The side that is more red and swollen actually got the least amount of sunscreen the other side got more.

Quoting Randi02: It looks like the sunscreen wasn't put on evenly.
facethetruth2b
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Looks like uneven sunscreen. The swellen of eye could be an allergy ..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
But his is mainly only on his face when I put the sunscreen everywhere. And the side with the worse reaction got the least amount of sunscreen

Quoting asmalltowngirl: It could be a reaction, or it could be from applying it unevenly. My oldest is allergic to several kinds of sunscreen. She breaks out in hives everywhere the sunscreen is applied
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM
My daughter gets a very similar rash after using certain sunscreens and having it mix with water-idk why- but on another more random side note- fifths is rampant around here right now and looks like that also- heat makes the rash very prominent
TheFairestOne
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Sunscreen not applied evenly I'd guess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM
What is fifths?

Quoting Anonymous: My daughter gets a very similar rash after using certain sunscreens and having it mix with water-idk why- but on another more random side note- fifths is rampant around here right now and looks like that also- heat makes the rash very prominent
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM
But the side with the worse rash got the least amount of sunscreen

Quoting TheFairestOne:

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Then its probably a sunburn.

Quoting Anonymous: But the side with the worse rash got the least amount of sunscreen

Quoting TheFairestOne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)