Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh want to....

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 53 Replies
Get snipped! I of course said no because im only pregnant with our first child. I want more and he knows that but he doesn't want them close in age, neither do i. Ive always wanted at least a 7-9 years of an age difference which he agrees with. So we came up with a compromise that he is allowed to get snipped but AFTER we freeze his sperm. Has anyone tried this? Do you think its a good idea
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Bump
polkaspots
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I wouldn't consider that. If my DH said that I would assume that he just didn't want anymore children. I also had my kids close together. My sister is eight years younger than I am, and we're just starting to have a close relationship now that she's a teenager.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CGM2012
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't rely on frozen sperm if I really wanted another child. If you BOTH really want another child, just use birth control until your ready for another.

bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM
At first he didnt but he just doesnt want to have an accidents. I have big age gapes with my sisters my oldest is 7 years older than me she was like a another mom and a great sister to me. I guess it depends on the people

Quoting polkaspots: I wouldn't consider that. If my DH said that I would assume that he just didn't want anymore children. I also had my kids close together. My sister is eight years younger than I am, and we're just starting to have a close relationship now that she's a teenager.
drowningmama
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM

What? No, I wouldnt do that.  Use birth control

Chaos1229
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM
I wouldn't , i would just use birth control.
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Weve tried birth control (the pill make me sick) (the patch is what i got pregnant on)

Quoting CGM2012:

I wouldn't rely on frozen sperm if I really wanted another child. If you BOTH really want another child, just use birth control until your ready for another.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 4, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Quoting drowningmama:

bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Whats wrong with it

Quoting drowningmama:

CGM2012
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried other forms of birth control?

I'm just saying that if he gets snipped and rely on frozen sperm, it may not work. And once you run out of the frozen stuff, your out. There is no more trying. You could always adopt though if you wanted.

Quoting bby4lydia: Weve tried birth control (the pill make me sick) (the patch is what i got pregnant on)
Quoting CGM2012:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)