Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

miscarriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I took a pregnancy test and it said positive .  Then 2 weeks later I miscarried .  I am heartbroken.   Had to go to the hospital too.   

How long does it take to recover physically and when is the best time to try again for a baby?   

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Im sorry my doctor told me to wait til i had my period to let mt body get back on track
WillsMOM72
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM
No idea. So sorry for your loss :(
krispyangel
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I'm so sorry
GamerMomma2
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I'm sorry : (

whatssleep
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I've had 5 with 1 successful pregnancy. Docs recommend waiting two cycles. I'd say when your emotionally ready. This last miscarriage was jan 8 and I found out I was pregnant jan 28 I'm 17 weeks now and all is looking good. It's so hard, hang in there, and good luck :)
LyTe684
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Sorry for your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Wait at least 3 months. I have had two, it didn't take long after everything fully passed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM

If you miscarried that early, you probably don't need much recovery time at all -- not much more than just a normal period.  A lot of people miscarry at that stage and just think they have a slightly heavier than typical period.  It is not at all uncommon.  Assuming you are otherwise healthy, you should be able to try again for a baby as soon as you want to.  

livingforthem83
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM
I had a D&C for a miscarriage at 12 weeks. When I went for my check at 4 weeks after the miscarriage my doctor asked me if I was ready to try again.

I had a chemical pregnancy and was pregnant again 4 weeks later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)