• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid hasn't worn pants in three days

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

Not for lack of trying. He's almost two and can get his pants and diaper off in a split second. Luckily we're lazy and don't go anywhere. He's apparently decided to potty train himself, which basically just means "be naked and pee on things and sometimes in the potty chair".

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veronicamw
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:01 AM

I have the worse time keeping clothes on my dd, she is two. Thankfully when we leave the house she leaves her clothes on. As soon as the door closes when we get home the clothes are off.

Stashlee
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:02 AM
My son has't worn pants in our house since we started potty training in February (unless someone is over). He is fully capable of pulling his pants on and off but he likes them off at home. I pick my battles.
MaryJarrett
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Ew. So glad potty learning didn't go like that for us. Lol good luck! Hopefully it'll all be in the potty soon! I don't envy you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM

He keeps clothes on in public too. Except shoes. When he takes his shoes off, it's his way of saying "GET ME OUT OF HERE AND HOME NOW." He's such a little butt.

Quoting veronicamw:

I have the worse time keeping clothes on my dd, she is two. Thankfully when we leave the house she leaves her clothes on. As soon as the door closes when we get home the clothes are off.

MilkLover0203
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Duct tape.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Duct tape?

Sorry, I don't have any advice. Mine rarely wore clothes at home, and I never had trouble keeping them clothed in public. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

But it's adorable! He'll pee on something and then look at me and say "Ohhhhh, what happened?" Like, whatever, smartass. You know what happened. :P

Quoting MaryJarrett: Ew. So glad potty learning didn't go like that for us. Lol good luck! Hopefully it'll all be in the potty soon! I don't envy you!

Kermitthemom23
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Yep, I was 3 for 3 on stripping toddlers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Unless I actually duct tape his diaper to his flesh, there is no way that's going to do anything. He doesn't even use the tabs, he just wiggles them down. Even cloth diapers with snaps are no match for his sheer force of will to be naked.

Quoting MilkLover0203: Duct tape.

bleumonster
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Yeah until the ghost of the pee starts coming around. Then it won't be cute. Duct tape that diaper! Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

But it's adorable! He'll pee on something and then look at me and say "Ohhhhh, what happened?" Like, whatever, smartass. You know what happened. :P

Quoting MaryJarrett: Ew. So glad potty learning didn't go like that for us. Lol good luck! Hopefully it'll all be in the potty soon! I don't envy you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)