Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Texans I need some advice

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM
  • 33 Replies
My mom is trying to convince us to move to Texas with her. Katy to be exact. She wants a fresh start and doesn't want to leave us here in Mississippi.
Problem is we just bought a trailer here. Paid cash for it and are remodeling it. We don't have to deal with notes or bank loans or anything.

My son is finally in a good school all our family is here and most importantly, if we move we will have to rent or get a loan for a house which I really don't want to do right now and my husband is applying for a few oil rigs. Which he will have to go to new Orleans for. So, we would be left alone in a town in a state I've never even been to for 3 weeks at a time while he's working. With just my mother for company.

So tell me please is Texas worth it? My husband is OK with moving and one of the kids is. I don't want to.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Thats tough

Idk it sounds like your life is just fine
2autisticsmom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Moving is something the whole family should be willing to do. If you're not ready don't do it.  You're an adult and free to make your own choices.  Is it worth it?? Not if you resent being here because you didn't want to leave.

rstuart66
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I would stay put.  We moved to Oklahoma to be closer to my MIL because she kept nagging us.  Now my hubby makes less money and she is not even that helpful child care wise.  We would have been better off staying in Texas.  Tell her if she wants a new start it is her adventure.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Katy is close to Austin if I am recalling right? If so that's the best city to be by IMO unless you like the ultra conservative - i have been here in tx 29 years-
momof2.5girls
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Katy is like 3 hours from austin

Quoting Anonymous: Katy is close to Austin if I am recalling right? If so that's the best city to be by IMO unless you like the ultra conservative - i have been here in tx 29 years-
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I personally have never been to katy but if your already not sure then dont.
momof2.5girls
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM
I love Texas but I don't think you should uproot your family if everything is like you say where you are. Why is your mom moving? I would tell her that y'all will think about it, maybe later down the road. Let her come and get settled and visit her. You have your family to think about.
Willis_Mommie
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I grew up in katy and loved it...my family is still in katy and the schools a pretty good too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Willis_Mommie
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Austin is like 3-4 hours from katy... katy is on the west side of houston

Quoting Anonymous: Katy is close to Austin if I am recalling right? If so that's the best city to be by IMO unless you like the ultra conservative - i have been here in tx 29 years-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I feel like it is. We have seriously only owned our home a year. And with my husband going to an oil rig for work, we will be more than comfortable right where we are money wise and we can stick to our plan of buying land and renting the trailer out in a few years when we are ready to buy a house. If we move we would have to sell. And I don't want to do that. I don't want to leave. I have no interest in leaving unless we got to go to like a tropical area with a beautiful beach lol and that's not gonna happen.

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Thats tough

Idk it sounds like your life is just fine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)