• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For people that live near and go to the beach often

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM
  • 111 Replies

OK we are going back to hawaii in January and well the one thing I noticed is that because we come from dry cold state, I notice we burn really quickly and easily on the beach. My face burned the first day in a matter of two hours.

So.... What do you do when you go to the beach, and what are your limitations when in the water and so forth? Do bring a tent or umbrella stay out of the sun a period of time only stay for a period of time, what do you do to prevent extreme burn in the water, get out of the water after a period of time????

Im also thinking I am going to buy everyone swimming tops ya know like shirts to help cover up so we wont burn so bad but still the face gets so BURNED....

by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

bumping because some of you ****es are so damn chatty today

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Are the kids going this time? Lucky kitty
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM

LOL. I live at the beach.

I bring a towel, my sunscreen and a cooler of water and snacks and just have fun.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM
I put on tons of sunblock and I'll still get burnt. The UV out here is no joke. We bought one of those beach cabanas though. They look like someone cut a tent in half.
thetrollcat
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM

yes we are taking the kittens. We even offered to take the niece (before she turned into a psycho and ran away).

I know me and my lil one will burn hubby will burn to but my poor face got the worse part of it.

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Are the kids going this time? Lucky kitty

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I would suggest a face cream with a tint. Also a face cream with SPF.
thetrollcat
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Meow I dont think you understand we got burned the first day on the beach just being in the water for two hours.

My face felt like it was on fire and stinging....

Quoting BeAmour:

LOL. I live at the beach.

I bring a towel, my sunscreen and a cooler of water and snacks and just have fun.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I don't really burn. I hope you get some good advice. Also, I want to go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I grew up five minutes from the beach and went down there most days. Never really wore sunscreen, never needed it.
thetrollcat
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM

ya I have one here in MT but too big to take to hawaii.... I may see if we can rent one....

So do you guys limit your time in the sun/water?

Quoting HistoryNutty: I put on tons of sunblock and I'll still get burnt. The UV out here is no joke. We bought one of those beach cabanas though. They look like someone cut a tent in half.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)