• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthing room

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
How many people are allowed in when u gave birth. Both times I could have whoever I wanted in the room. As long as it wasn't over load first time it was 2 people plus me and the staff. 2time it was 3 family members plus me and staff. But the last time the whole family was there until it was time to start giving birth.
I just read a post about a lady who kicked out one person for another person. So it got me wondering how many people were allowed in the birthing room.
No I don't mean c sections I know they limit that.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvengedMommy101
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I was allowed to have 2 people with my first. Since my son was premature I had to deliver him in the OR and only 1 person was allowed back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I guess that's a different situation kind of like c sections.

Quoting AvengedMommy101:

I was allowed to have 2 people with my first. Since my son was premature I had to deliver him in the OR and only 1 person was allowed back.

ViDAL081013
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:13 PM
First i had 2 plus 2 doctors and one nurse,Second i had 2 plus 1doctor and about 4/5 nurses & Last i had dh,mom,bff,dd&ds plus 2 doctors and 2nurses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
See I don't understand why everyone is like I was only allowed 1or 2 in the normal delivery room.when we toured the hospital i asked and she said anything over about 5 is considered excessive but she didn't say it wasn't ok.

Quoting ViDAL081013: First i had 2 plus 2 doctors and one nurse,Second i had 2 plus 1doctor and about 4/5 nurses & Last i had dh,mom,bff,dd&ds plus 2 doctors and 2nurses.
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I only ever had my husband in the room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:24 PM
We could have whoever we wanted as long as they weren't in the way (birth center) but it was just DF, and my Doula besides the midwife.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I could have as many as I wanted as long as they wouldn't be in the way. During labor I had both of my moms in and out, some friends and of course DF. But when delivery camd it was DF and my moms.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I have no clue. I don't have my little ones at the hospital. I only had my second at a hospital and I only wanted those that were there to support and watch my little one. I didn't want a bunch of around when I labor. So it's always just my hubby, midwife, Doula, one of my sisters to help out with out kids and our kids. Everyone else can wait till we are ready for them to come and visit.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I only needed one: my husband.

No one else except nurses and doctor need to be there.
ajdahd13
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I was allowed 3 people. I had DH, my mom and MIL.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)