Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you're good with hair/beauty... come give me advice

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I want to get some highlights done. I haven't had them in years and I need a change

My question is could I pull off red ones like in the picture? I've always wanted them. Or should I stick with blonde... something I know looks good on me? Im not good with this kind of stuff

Yes.. my bathroom is a mess in this pic taken a few months ago
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tinybluemoon
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM
No, your hair isn't long enough and you are to pale. You will look cheap.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM
I was afraid of that lol I dont want to look like crap

Quoting tinybluemoon: No, your hair isn't long enough and you are to pale. You will look cheap.
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Unless you planned on darkening your hair, too. I don't think the red would look good with your current color. 

I would stick with blonde highlights.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Thanks for the advice! I didnt plan on darkening

I know mc can be crazy, but I knew it was the only place I'd get brutal honestly

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Unless you planned on darkening your hair, too. I don't think the red would look good with your current color. 

I would stick with blonde highlights.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I don't think you can do that shade of red, your hair is a lighter brown than that person's. But you could totally do a red.

I disagree with the pp. Pale and red go well together and I don't understand what length has to do with highlights.
flprincessmom
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM

My natural hair color seems to be the same as yours & I have done the burgundy/wine color & loved it!!! But in my experience it fades quickly ( with me all colors that have reds in it do, might just be my hair type????)  I love the cut in the 2nd pic too....maybe some wine colors for your make up too?  Some eye shadow and liner with LOTS of mascara to bring out your eyes.....you have a nice skin tone and complexion so you don't need much make-up, just the eyes & maybe a light lip tint...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)