• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it so taboo to want a third child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

I am currently pregnant with number 2.  I had my first 8 years ago (boy).  I was 19 and had nothing but my diploma.  I waited to have more kids until I was stable, had a career (which I do now) and me and his father had good income.  FF to now, I am currently 16 weeks pregnant with number two.  It took 3 years to get pregnant this time.  People keep asking me "if it's a girl, you're done right". 

I think in my mind, that that's a possibility, but since it took so long to conceive this one I'm not so sure I want to throw the towel in just yet.  I might be singing a different tune when baby gets here, but for now I really don't want to get my tubes tied. I'm 28 and I don't want to do something that can only be reversed by surgery.

Husband says he's good with two, and that's fine that he feels that way.  He may come around later and want another when this one gets older, just like what happened last time. I don't want to close the door on myself just yet.

I'm just venting.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bby4lydia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM
I guess you'll see how your family adjust to having baby number 2 and see if its right to have another
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Because the world is over populated and we need to stop having so many kids.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM
I don't know. After losing my last pregnancy and talking about maybe trying again I heard "but your family is perfect!" And "you don't want Marcus to have middle child syndrome do you??" Ugh

I swear next time I'm not telling until baby is here.
littlemoments99
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I can understand that. I want at least 3 children. I don't want my Ds to only have one other sibling. I grew up with 3 siblings...and then a 4th was added when I was a teenager. I love all of my siblings and loved growing up always having my siblings to play with, vent to, talk to, do stuff with, etc.

I only have one friend left from high school that I talk to occassionally, but I always have my siblings. Every single day I can call any of them and they are happy to hear from me and talk to me, and same thing if they call me. I want that for my son.

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Do what YOU want and what's right for YOUR family. Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's not their life or family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 12:01 PM

:( I'm sorry

Quoting ame85: I don't know. After losing my last pregnancy and talking about maybe trying again I heard "but your family is perfect!" And "you don't want Marcus to have middle child syndrome do you??" Ugh I swear next time I'm not telling until baby is here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

The world is no where close to being overpopulated. That's a lie told by leftist media.

Quoting Anonymous: Because the world is over populated and we need to stop having so many kids.

MicheleJM
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Idk if it's taboo necessarily.  Dh and I wanted two kids only.  Now my ex-bil who was the middle child used to say it sucked and that we shouldn't have three kids.  However our decision had nothing to do with him.  Why it sucked for him Idk.  I think it was just that particular family dynamic.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 4, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
If not for immigration our population in the US would be declining.

Quoting Anonymous:

The world is no where close to being overpopulated. That's a lie told by leftist media.

Quoting Anonymous: Because the world is over populated and we need to stop having so many kids.

Radellia
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Well thank god my parents didn't feel that way... Otherwise I wouldn't exist! (And I have both an older brother and older sister, so it's not like they had only boys and were trying for a girl)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)