Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a good job in computer technology?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Whether it's you or your husband that work in the field would be helpful. Something that doesn't require long years in a college. Maybe a two year tech school. IT...web development, please briefly educate me the info or post a site. I work in a factory and don't want to be in it for the rest of my life, it's only to get by. My dream is to be in the computer tech field but it's going to have to wait til my younger child gets a little more older. I currently make $36K a year and with that amount for a family of 4 is not enough to afford a home.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:03 PM
BUMP
Sharbear42371
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

My husband has always worked in IT.  He is currently the director of the college of business at the university.  Takes a lot of schooling and experience to get there.  One thing I have learned from being with him, in this field you must always keep learning to keep your job.  Technology changes so quickly that if you don't always learn and grow your position will become obsolete.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Bump because I'm curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I got two it certifications. My a+ and my net +. I have now been working in IT for almost two years. I don't have a degree. And it only took me 3 months or so to get those certs and about one interview after I had them :) good luck.

I get paid more then the 7.25 minimum wage-ish I was getting.
MomNCombatBoots
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:44 PM
My parents work in computers, they started while thdy were military at the Pentagon back in the day. They both have bachelor's degrees, but they got their jobs before those. My mom finishec hers while we were growing up and her work paid for it, or atleast most of it. Cant remember which. But you'll start at entry levels and work ur way up. Its a good field for sure. Have you researched how to get started? :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)