Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get out of my yard!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
If 5 kids ages 1-6 (that you don't know) randomly showed up in your yard playing on your trampoline, & swing set, what would you do?

I told them I don't mind if they play here but their parents had to come introduce themselves to me. Apparently, that was the wrong thing to do. since my stuff isn't in a fenced yard I should just let them play and have fun. I'm uptight and controlling.

Do you let the neighborhood kids play in your yard without knowing them or their parents?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on May. 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM
7 moms liked this
No, I wouldn't. One gets hurt & you're getting sued!
TheFairestOne
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:16 PM

No way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly! Plus there are over 100 houses back here. I wouldn't know where to go to get help if one did get hurt.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: No, I wouldn't. One gets hurt & you're getting sued!
GamerMomma2
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Nope

Missdameanor
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Not cool. If one of those kids falls and gets injured (off the trampoline for instance) you could end up being sued!
Freckles85
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I do. But I know their parents. However, if I had a trampoline. I wouldn't because god forbid something happen to one of them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I wouldn't.  What if they get hurt?  Their parents should know where they are and maybe watch them so you don't have to watch 5 little kids you don't know by yourself. Also, what if they break something?  There's just too much that can go wrong for me, but if you feel comfortable with it then do what you want.  

kim15690
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Didn't you already post this
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

This, my kids play with the neighbor kids all the time at our house and theirs. But if someones kids weren't playing with my kids. Nope, it won't happen.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: No, I wouldn't. One gets hurt & you're getting sued!

myshoes
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM
No way!! I have had to run kids off my swing set before. (I would never own a trampoline).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)