Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Charmed life vs crap magnet

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 11 Replies
Do you ever feel like some people live a charmed life where nothing ever happens to them. Then others if it can it does go wrong. Why is that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 4, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Sometimes, but I always remember the grass isn't greener elsewhere.  Even if it seems miniscule compared to others, everyone has problems in life.

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I know what you're saying is right, but I swear it's like this chick could walk through crap and come out smelling like roses.

Quoting randi1978:

Sometimes, but I always remember the grass isn't greener elsewhere.  Even if it seems miniscule compared to others, everyone has problems in life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 12:53 PM
You are right but my BIL and SIL always seem to smell like roses even when they're covered in shit!

Quoting randi1978:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missdameanor
by on May. 4, 2014 at 12:56 PM
I prefer to think that even those with a "charmed life" have problems too and that life is as easy or as hard as you make it depending on your response to events.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Everyone has difficulties, I don't think I believe in a charmed life.
1L2CMommy
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Choices.  It's all about choices.  Everyone has stuff that happens to them.  It's how you choose to deal with these events that determin how your life will go.  Some people enjoy/get stuck in the victim mentality, and then can't pull themselves out of the situation their in.  I don't believe anyone has a totally charmed life.  Some people choose to use what their given to improve their circumstances.

suzanneyea
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM

My life is pretty charmed. But, I still have problems, I just have learned to laugh at them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:04 PM

People only show you what they want you to see.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Things always happen although it's less likely to with the right attitude/making the right choices. I've noticed that the most negative people tend to attract the most negative things.

Bethsunshine
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM
You have to remember that things are not always what they seem. Also, life is about choices.Most things that happen, are a direct result of the choices we make.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)