Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*oy....updated...Didn't end well* Would you be upset if your kid stayed the night with a friend, and the parents....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
Allowed your kid to ride in a razr with their kid?

Well, it was obviously a bad idea. Not for the safety of the kids, but for the safety of my cement step. *sigh*

One of the girls came in, crying, because she had had one less ride than the other girl. I told her to tell my dd to come in, and told her to take the girl for one more ride, then park it. My dd and I had JUST discussed that only the other girl can drive it because she's experienced and has grown up driving them like my dd.

When my dd went outside, the girl LIED to my dd and told her I had told her she can drive. A few minutes later, I heard a big crunch. The little girl had ran the razr up onto the deck, and ran into the corner of the cement step, and busted it.

Kid is in deep shit, and dd is grounded from the razr until further notice. She's pissed at the girl for lying to her, but understands she should have confirmed it with me since I had JUST told her the girl couldn't drive it. Oy. *sigh*
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what a razr is. 

If I was allowing my child to stay the night at someones house then I trust their judgment. As long as my child is using the proper safety gear then I'm okay with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM
It's a 4 wheeled recreational vehicle.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

If I was allowing my child to stay the night at someones house then I trust their judgment. As long as my child is using the proper safety gear then I'm okay with it. 

Twix.Leigh
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM
As long as everything is done safely, why not!
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah. As long as they weren't riding it on the road and they were using a helmet and were using it correctly I would be okay. 

**How old is the child in question that could change my answer**

Quoting Anonymous: It's a 4 wheeled recreational vehicle.
Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

dlock25
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM
No but the one place my child spends the night I already know that they have one. I expect they are probably going to ride it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM
They're riding on the road.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Ah. As long as they weren't riding it on the road and they were using a helmet and were using it correctly I would be okay. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
No... But we're country like that..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
The driver is 11, the kids staying the night are 10 and 13.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Was it the kids one or a powerful adult rzr? How old are they? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
A youth one. They are 10, 11 and 13.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was it the kids one or a powerful adult rzr? How old are they? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)