• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm seriously thinking about going outside my relationship..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I'm thinking about going outside my relationship with myself..

I mean, I like being single, but there's a guy I used to work with that I kept in contact with that I've grown to like a lot. He's a single dad to a special needs daughter.. He does it by himself...

When we are able to have time to ourselves(I go over after she is in bed, and if ds is with his dad) we really connect. He's even cried on my shoulder, justifiable, about how he feels like it's too hard and that he's screwing up... But he's not, I don't know what it's like to raise a special needs child, much less doing it by myself... But he does a stand up job, from what I'm told by his friends.. I haven't had the opportunity to see him with her, but I bet he's awesome with her.

I just hope we do this right.. And not screw it up... It's been 3 years since I divorced and had any want of being in a relationship..
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Beenhereforever
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:56 PM
It's very hard. He needs to also join a support group. Be encouraging of that. What does his child have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 2:01 PM
I'm sure it is. I don't doubt it one bit, which is why I let him cry on my shoulder.. And the fact that he did, didn't make him look like less of a man like he thinks, it made him look like more of a man than I have ever met.

He's told me the names of what all she has, but I honestly couldn't tell you the names. It overwhelmed me to hear him stressing and see him cry like that. I do know she had a brain growth defect that affects her walking and talking, and physical growth. But that's not it, there's more.

Quoting Beenhereforever: It's very hard. He needs to also join a support group. Be encouraging of that. What does his child have?
Beenhereforever
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Well you can pm me . I can help you through this also
zeezoo
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Good luck mama. My advice would be to educate yourself with his DDs  disabilities. It will help. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)