• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diva cup and the like (Warning: Talk of periods)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Has anyone with heavy, and by heavy I mean you flow like a wild river, tried cups or anything other than commercial products? And if have, how did they work? Did your periods become lighter? I've read some things that have suggested switching to Diva Cups or other things can lighten your flow. Some believe the chemicals in commercial products actually increase the heaviness. My concern is I am a very heavy bleeder. Meaning I bleed through Super Plus tampons and pads together. I've always had a heavy flow but it got worse after having kids. I'd love to lighten it but on the other hand I'm afraid things like the cups won't be able to contain it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allsolittle
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:47 PM
No clue. Bump... it's insane this needs a warning. Lol. We all have had periods.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I don't think it has affected my flow, but I DO love the product. Even if you had a really heavy flow I'm sure they would work for you, you'd just have to empty it more often.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Yes I do. I had a very heavy flow. It hasn't really lightened it but it has made it shorter. I used to go for a full week but now 4 days and I'm done. If you have a heavy flow you may need to empty it more often than most but it will hold it all. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree but you know there's always someone who has a fit. Lol

Quoting allsolittle: No clue. Bump... it's insane this needs a warning. Lol. We all have had periods.
Anonymous
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think it has affected my flow, but I DO love the product. Even if you had a really heavy flow I'm sure they would work for you, you'd just have to empty it more often.

Anonymous
Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I do. I had a very heavy flow. It hasn't really lightened it but it has made it shorter. I used to go for a full week but now 4 days and I'm done. If you have a heavy flow you may need to empty it more often than most but it will hold it all. lol

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM

I made the mistake of using a cup for my first real period after having a baby. Bad idea. The flow was so heavy that an hour later it overflowed like Niagara Falls. In public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM
My fear...

Quoting heresjohnny:

I made the mistake of using a cup for my first real period after having a baby. Bad idea. The flow was so heavy that an hour later it overflowed like Niagara Falls. In public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Bump
lili_monkey
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I haven't switched to the dive cup but, I have considered it. I too used to have a really heavy period, that lasted for sometimes two weeks and I would get it every two weeks. I switched to organic, tampons and pads. Now my period is less painful, lighter and regulated. Maybe try organic chemical free?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)