• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gender Disappointment

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 17 Replies
DD(10) is upset because we found out the babies are boys, making her the only girl. She's worried DS(10) won't want to spend time with her anymore once the babies get here. She was looking forward to all of the things she could teach a little sister.

I'm going to talk to her in a little bit. She wanted her space so I'm giving her that for now.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Aw, that's so sad :( I have three daughters and we are expecting our first boy but our girls don't care because they're the majority lol good luck!
chicagoliz
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM

You have 10 year old twins and now you're having twins again?  That's some strong twin genes.

Assure your DD that DS isn't going to be interested in much of what the babies are doing.  They sleep an awful lot when they're young.  He's going to want to focus more on someone who can really do things with him, which is your DD, given they're the same age.  

I remember I was disappointed when I got a brother and I never got a sister.  But you know, in the long run it's better -- you end up with MORE attention when you're the only girl.  

Monica117
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Thanks :/ I feel bad for her but hopefully she'll be happy about it after we talk. She just knows that we're done having anymore after this so she knows she'll never have a sister.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: Aw, that's so sad :( I have three daughters and we are expecting our first boy but our girls don't care because they're the majority lol good luck!
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I can understand how upsetting that would be for her! Hopefully she'll grow to enjoy having brothers around to take care of her and she can still be really close with them! Does she have any girl cousins?

Quoting Monica117: Thanks :/ I feel bad for her but hopefully she'll be happy about it after we talk. She just knows that we're done having anymore after this so she knows she'll never have a sister.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: Aw, that's so sad :( I have three daughters and we are expecting our first boy but our girls don't care because they're the majority lol good luck!
JackieGirl007
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM

When we had our 5th (and last child) we had 2 girls and 2 boys already. The boys wanted a boy and the girls wanted a girl. We had a girl and everyone loved her, lol. It will be fine:)

Monica117
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Yeah, the first set are fraternal, these are identical.

That's what I plan on telling her. And there's lots of things she can teach her little brothers when they're older.

Quoting chicagoliz:

You have 10 year old twins and now you're having twins again?  That's some strong twin genes.

Assure your DD that DS isn't going to be interested in much of what the babies are doing.  They sleep an awful lot when they're young.  He's going to want to focus more on someone who can really do things with him, which is your DD, given they're the same age.  

I remember I was disappointed when I got a brother and I never got a sister.  But you know, in the long run it's better -- you end up with MORE attention when you're the only girl.  

Justwannanap
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM
My dd was very upset when she found out my last baby is a boy. She asked the nurse to change it to a girl, lol. Now I'm pregnant again and am having my sonogram tomorrow. Dd is adamant that this baby has to be a girl. I'm worried she isnt going to take it well if it is another boy.
Monica117
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Yeah, she has a cousin who's 12. They're pretty close.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: I can understand how upsetting that would be for her! Hopefully she'll grow to enjoy having brothers around to take care of her and she can still be really close with them! Does she have any girl cousins?

Quoting Monica117: Thanks :/ I feel bad for her but hopefully she'll be happy about it after we talk. She just knows that we're done having anymore after this so she knows she'll never have a sister.

Monica117
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Aw, how old is she?

Quoting Justwannanap: My dd was very upset when she found out my last baby is a boy. She asked the nurse to change it to a girl, lol. Now I'm pregnant again and am having my sonogram tomorrow. Dd is adamant that this baby has to be a girl. I'm worried she isnt going to take it well if it is another boy.
EmCraig
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM

When I was pregnant with my youngest (now 6) my DS (10 at the time) said he was moving out if I brought home another girl and my DD (5 at the time) said she would move out if I brought home another boy.  We didn't tell them what we were having until she was born.  Needless to say they are all still here and they are all close.  I think your DD will be ok once you bring those little angels home.  Babies can bring smiles to most.  Good luck <<HUGS>>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)