Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi I am new to this, my name is Delacy I go by Dee. I have two SD and one BD. I have been with DH for 8 years and married for five. He got custody of oldest SD two years ago and the youngest is here every other week. Unfortunately he is not always here during that time due to work rotation out of town.  Being a stepparent is very hard and its not my first time doing it I basically raised my first SD her BM was a drug addict my ex got custody when she was 3yrs old. Sadly he was abusive to both of us and I ended up with SD when I divorced him.  This time around I have a BM that resents me even though we don't know each other.  My DH cannot/ will not attempt to communicate with her and I am stuck in the middle with my 12 yr old SD who one week loves me and the next doesn't. Currently she doesn't want to be here if he isn't.  I feel horrible but after 8yrs of this I almost don't want to pick her up if he isn't here.

by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow you have the abbreviations down pat lol 

Missdameanor
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Hi, welcome to mc!
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Welcome to the group. I am confused. You have custody of your sd?

Delacy
by New Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM

I got custody of my SD from my first marriage, her dad didn't want the responsibility and signed his rights to me her Bm lost her rights. As for currently my DH has custody of his oldest and she lives with us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)