Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Am The Villain of Sundays!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
I am so frickin pissed right now. I can't talk to my husband cause then it turns into an argument so I guess this where I'll vent. When the dh and I started dating, he had an 8 months old son and I had a ten month old daughter. It was perfect. We were both screwed over by our ex's and both knew what parenting was and what it entails. My dh's then wife left him when there son was two months old and completly abandoned her son. She moved away and was whoring around(the exact words from her own mother) and didn't return into his life until he was 11 months old. That was three months into my husband and I's relationship. During those three months, I treated him like I dod my daughter. I watched him everyday(since I was a stay at home mom), provided finacially for him, and loved him like my own. When she came back into his life, I never once tried keeping her away from him. Yes I thought she was a terrible mother but that was still his mommy. She got her shit together and the dh and her started doing every other week visitation. Fast forward a little over a year and hes now almost two. Since they have been divorced and went through a lengthy court battle and my husband tried fighting for legal custody since she was going back to her old ways. However since my state is a mother state, if the mom isnt doing drugs in front of him or abusing him basically, its very hard for the father to get sole legal custody and the judge decided to just make the every other week visitation legal. Anyways, when he's over there he has complete control of the house. My dh has seen it and I see once we get him back. Hes two and thinks its okay to try to unplug and plug things into an outlet. He thinks its okay to open up the front door and run outside. He thinks its okay to spit on you if he's mad. If he doesn't want food, he literally picks his plate up and throws on the floor. If he wants to go outside, he does it and if you tell him no then he either bites, spits, or hits you. I know some of this seems like typical two year old behavior but its not. Its not curiosity, its flat out him trying to have control. My two year old daughter and the other kids I babysit have curiosity. We are basically the structure in his life and its a battle. The weeks that we have him I dread it because I'm always disciplining him and when I try to do productive activities with him, it turns into him trying to have control and then I have to discipline. My dh's ex even admitted that parenting was to hard for her and she just gives him his way. So we deal with it and try our damnest to give him structure. Well today she called my husband and was wondering what time he got off work so they could do the exchange. She found that out then blew up on him...ds has always had respiratory issues and has had a nebulizer for about six months now. I have severe asthma and I too use a nebulizer so my dh kind of looks to me when it comes to that area since he's never dealt with it before. When his ex picked ds up two weeks ago, she said she was giving it to him everytime he coughed basically. Well when we have him we don't give it to him unless its needed. I know what to look for in a child who is having troubles breathing and I'm sorry but if its a cough, you can hack it up and move on. Which the ds does. Whenever we dropped him off last sunday, my dh told his ex that she can't baby him on a nebulizer because then his body becomes to dependent on it and he slowly turns asthmatic (pediatricians exact words) she agreed and everything was fine. Well today when she called she told my husband that I shouldn't have any say so in how to raise their son... I never overstep my boundaries. Thats is her son and she is his mommy. I take over when she can't be there. My dh and her are the ones who come up with his bedtime, his diet, and other numerous things. I enforce them when the dh and ex aren't here. She told my dh that I had no right to tell her how parent her child and that its MY fault hes sick now!!! I guess ds is sick with some respiratory issues due to allergies that turned into a contagious bronchial virus which isn't anything new when it comes to him. We never once said that he shouldn't be givin a treatment because she's babying him. If he needs it then by all means, give him one. I would never deny a child medication. However Im not gonna put a mask on his face because he sneezed wrong!!!! He's also contagious and i am 23 weeks pregnant and I put my foot down and told dh that were not getting him thid week because if I catch what he has, I end up hospitalized because I already have severe asthma as is...today is just one big cluster fuck and now I'm the ultimate bad guy. His ex hates me now because I made him sick when she completly stopped giving him his medicine. My dh hates me because I refuse to allow a child, his or mine, to come around when they have a contagious respiratory infection while I'm pregnant, and to top it all of, I get to deal with my asshole ex who is dropping my daughter off tonight and he'll probably find some excuse to pick a fight with me...I hate sundays
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Don't fight with him when he drops your daughter off tonight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)