Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thoughts on what's wring with me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I have been sick as all for a couple days now. Have dr appt tomorrow but just looking for any thoughts anyone might have.
Started with my stomach being all upset and throwing up. I had a hard time going number twoand when I did it was black and hard for a day. Day two I got the runs and was nauseas but not vomiting. Day three I had a violent headache, similar to a migraine, still nauseas. Today is day 4 and my head isn't really hurting, but I feel really spacey and everything just looks off to me - it's almost like a acid trip, all surreal looking....I'm not nauseas, but my stomach is all swollen and bloaty and I can't go number two. And now my throat is sore....
Oi this sucks....any thoughts? Help!?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM

It's called the flu.

elfling811
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM
This. Hope you feel better soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called the flu.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Really? Ugh, I've never had it before...feels like being on an acid trip while sick with strep throat... How long does it usually last? Any suggestions to feel any better?

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called the flu.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Thanks - this sucks. Never had flu before...it's like strep throat on an acid trip...ugh. Any suggestions on how to feel better?

Quoting elfling811: This. Hope you feel better soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called the flu.

elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:11 PM

The flu is not gastrointestinal!! It's respiratory. Probably just have a tummy bug or something. Are you keeping hydrated? And have you been able to keep food down? If not then that would explain the spacey feeling.

elfling811
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:12 PM
My go-to's for the flu are TheraFlu and Gatorade. Tea, toast, bananas and applesauce... anything bland.

Alternate doses of Motrin and Tylenol for headaches fever and body aches. They have some pretty good over-the-counter combination medicines that work well too.

Quoting Anonymous: Thanks - this sucks. Never had flu before...it's like strep throat on an acid trip...ugh. Any suggestions on how to feel better?

Quoting elfling811: This. Hope you feel better soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's called the flu.

elfling811
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I was referring to it being commonly known as the stomach flu. I didn't think it was necessary to spell out the specific diagnosis.

Quoting elzmnsf:

The flu is not gastrointestinal!! It's respiratory. Probably just have a tummy bug or something. Are you keeping hydrated? And have you been able to keep food down? If not then that would explain the spacey feeling.

LisaMomm
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Are you pregnant?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I think I'm fairly hydrated, been drinking water. I haven't really eaten much, either just not hungry or too queesy..

Quoting elzmnsf:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Nope..definately not..

Quoting LisaMomm:

Are you pregnant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)