Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everyone disapproves :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
All of my friends (and family) are in relationships (sometimes they jump from guy to guy) and they usually come to me to talk about their relationships. I dont mind listening, I love to be my friends' ears when they just need someone to vent to. But its really pissing me off that I can not talk about my relationship (or lack-there-of or whatever I am calling this thing) back to them.

I started seeing this guy 2 weeks to a month ago. We have have been hanging a lot since then but we arent really together (we agreed to take it slow and hang out a while before officially saying we are together). As soon as my friends found out, they didnt want me seeing him anymore; "He is a nice guy but you need to stay with your ex and try to work it out for your child." and "He is breaking up your happy home."

My ex (my chilld's father) cheated on me, treated me like shit, and was emotionally abusive for the longest time -- and they knew that. Yet they still want me to try and stay with him "for my child".

Well last night something upset me (Im not sure what, I am probably hormonal) about mine & new guys thing/friendship. I desperately wanted someone to talk to about it but I knew if I said anything about it they would get pissed that I am even talking to him.

I literally have NO ONE to turn to when I need it because everyone disapproves.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
But I sat around and listen to everyone complain or rave about their relationships all day yesterday.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Are you sure they don't just disapprove of your new guy? Sometimes we don't see things that our families and friends do.
lnrmom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM
You should absolutely NOT stay with your ex for your child. Next time they say that put your foot down and say it's not happening so get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Maybe, but they dont even know him. SIL met him once a week ago (for an hour) before going home. I dont think she knows him well enough to "disapprove".

Quoting Sparklepants747: Are you sure they don't just disapprove of your new guy? Sometimes we don't see things that our families and friends do.
cymkare
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Are you still with your ex? Like living together? 

I don't understand why they would think your new guy is breaking ya'll up if he's your ex. 

Butterfly1108
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Do what makes you happy, if you do it for your child and still not happy with him you lose.

mrsmoonbeam
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:24 PM
They are Idiots the best thing to do for your child is to dump his sorry ass if he is anyway abusive your HUSBAND is the one who broke up your home and if he was cheating and abusive then it wasnt a happy home they need to shut up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
He lives in my home, yes. But I am moving out either next week or the week after and he is going to live with someone else. They knew ex and I were headed for a split a while before new guy came along.

Quoting cymkare:

Are you still with your ex? Like living together? 

I don't understand why they would think your new guy is breaking ya'll up if he's your ex. 

SithMom71
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Your friends aren't your firends. They are using you as their emotional tampon. As soon as they found out you had a life and were actually starting to be happy, they slammed you down. Real friends don't do that. Their men aren't perfect either. They want to keep you nice and controlled by them and unhappy and having no life so they can dump their toxic crap on you. Find new friends. 

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Are you and the ex still living together?

Are you still will him and he just doesn't realize he's an ex yet?

Otherwise, tell your friends to STFU.  Staying together for the kids is the worst reason to stay together, especially someone who mistreats you and is disrespectful to the relationship by cheating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)