Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fibromyalgia patients

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you have fibromyalgia?
How long did your diagnosis take?
What meds are you talking?

I have suspected fibromyalgia, and my doctor told me on Friday that he thinks it is. I have a follow up appointment this Friday, but the pain is very bad. I hope I can make it to Friday. I only take tramadol for the pain, the few pain pills that I have tried don't really help. I know lyrica really helped, but my doctor seems reluctant to prescribe it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:26 PM
I think I'm loosing my mind.
Anonymous
Bummer
Anonymous
Bumps
elfling811
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:27 PM
It took me about a year to be diagnosed and I was diagnosed by my rheumatologist. They have put me on Lyrica and morphine. I recently traded the morphine in for medical marijuana. It works much better than the morphine. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Were you treated during the diagnosis period?

Quoting elfling811: It took me about a year to be diagnosed and I was diagnosed by my rheumatologist. They have put me on Lyrica and morphine. I recently traded the morphine in for medical marijuana. It works much better than the morphine. Good luck.
Bluescorpia
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I was diagnosed with it last summer & was given lyrica for it. I no longer take that med. I just smoke pot to deal with the pain.
elfling811
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Not for fibromyalgia. I have a lot more going on than that. I was kind of diagnosed as an afterthought.

Quoting Anonymous: Were you treated during the diagnosis period?

Quoting elfling811: It took me about a year to be diagnosed and I was diagnosed by my rheumatologist. They have put me on Lyrica and morphine. I recently traded the morphine in for medical marijuana. It works much better than the morphine. Good luck.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM
I was given a tentative diagnosis on Thursday of polyarticular arthritis and fibromyalgia. I'm going for blood work in the morning. I refuse to take anything with crazy side effects though so I have no idea what they can actually do for me.
lillahine
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Bumping for later

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)