Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

getting baby on a schedule(sleep/feeding)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
dd is 4 months so not a super strict schedule but she eats every hour to 2 and id like to get it closer to every 3 hrs. what kind of scheduling do you all have your babies on. I also need tips on night weaning her feedings. also does anyone know of some good overnight diapers that hold a lot but keep diaper dry so she can sleep through the night? im not expecting anything to work 100% of the time but id love some ideas to try.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't really schedule feedings so far apart at that age. Night feedings will go away closer to a year.....so save your money on overnight diapers for now & change her when she wakes to feed.
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't night wean until a year old, you don't withhold feedings from a baby. And I change them once a night until they start sleeping through the night without nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I never had my children on a schedule. I just worked with what they needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM
I thought once they hit a certain weight they don't necessarily need night feedings

Quoting polkaspots: You can't night wean until a year old, you don't withhold feedings from a baby. And I change them once a night until they start sleeping through the night without nursing.
Lostinindy
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM
She's way to young to give up night feedings. If she's still eating that much she needs it. Hang in there it gets better after 6 months or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM
No. They need to be fed when they're hungry for the first year, and they sleep through the night when they're ready for it. Mine stopped at 13 and 18 months respectively.

Quoting Anonymous: I thought once they hit a certain weight they don't necessarily need night feedings

Quoting polkaspots: You can't night wean until a year old, you don't withhold feedings from a baby. And I change them once a night until they start sleeping through the night without nursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Same here.

Quoting Raeann11:

I never had my children on a schedule. I just worked with what they needed.

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM
4 moms liked this
Personally I think those things are a bad idea. Feeding on demand is the best way to ensure baby gets what she needs. My son is 15 months and almost weaned. He still eats every 2-3 hours. Also, 4 months is way too young to stop night feedings. We've only just now cut out the night feeding, and he still needs it some nights. The bottom line is that baby will let you know what she needs and when. Trying to force something that's more convenient for you will likely only cause problems.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)