Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should dh apologize?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
So me and my mom got into an argument earlier. I was over at her house. My niece (13) was there. I have 3 boys (8, 7 and 3). Well all afternoon my niece had be snotty with my boys. She took my 3 year olds playdoh and through it across the yards. All because he tried to show her his playdoh. She called my 8 year old names. When the boys were inside watching cartoons she took my sons shoes and hid them on him, sat on my 8 year old and wouldn't let him up. He pinched her to get her off him and she screams knock it off or I'm gonna knock the crap out of him. I told her to knock it off and went back outside. 5 minutes later my 8 year old came outside crying. He said my mom told him to leave her alobe and go outside. He went in to grab his drink and my niece came to the door told him to get out, slammed the door in his face and locked it.

When my dh heard he went in there and asked my niece what was up. Told her to never slam a door in his sons face or lock him out. My mom yelled at my dh to shut his mouth that she already dealt with it. Well I went in and she comes in and say's she didn't care for my dh's bull headed attitude. That she won't tollerate him talking to anyone like that. She said she'd never talk to one of my kids like that. I said if they deaerved it you would. I said Julia just doesn't like being called out. She's used to blaming her brother and getting away with stuff. She told me I was wrong and he needed to apologize to her. Should he?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notuseless
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM
No
elfling811
by Niki on May. 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I would have left before that point, so I have no advice for you. Good luck.
Ryanswifey42012
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM
No. He was not wrong. She was being a brat all day. Your boys Did nothing wrong.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe those children shouldn't play together anymore. Simple. 

That's way too much drama for me. Where were you and your DH while she was picking on your kids? IMO, it should have been handled as it happened instead of after the fact. 

LocoLoba
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this
Not only no, FUCK no!
Side note, why do so many women on this site have such disrespectful, delusional, dysfunctional families?!
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Well did she not hear the oart about Julia slamming the door in your son's face?
If granma won't tell Julia when she is wrong, someone has to.
I don't think yout husband did anything wrong. Y'all certainly put up with a lot before that!
I would just plan to hang out when she isn't there.
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM
No. Your mom and niece should apologize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM
If mon already handled it yes he sound
jackierc80
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Nope. She sounds like a little brat and your mom sounds like she's encouraging shitty behavior.
Linagma03
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM

NO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)