• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cousin died of a presumed overdose during the night with her babies in bed next to her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Her 7 month  and 3 year old were in the bed next to her. Her fiance found her in the bed when he came home from work. He works the 3rd shift as a pediatric nurse . They have not officially ruled in a overdose but she has had issues with drugs in the past and her fiance said he found syringes and and drugs next to her. He said that 3 days ago he asks her if she was using again and he begged her to tell him if she was so he could get her help for their children and her. He said she had started acting withdrawn and secretive again. He has never had a drug problem but was her high school sweetheart. I am just am so thankful those babies stayed asleep and had no idea what was going on. I wont even pretend to understand her situation but she knew she had plenty of people who cared and loved her and wanted to help. I just dont understand it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM
What a sad situation. I'm sorry for your loss
ciaras_mom_05
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Oh wow so sad :(
Had3girls
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
That's so sad =\ prayers for the family!!!! Especially the kids!!!!!
ame85
by Chemistry cat on May. 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
So sad :-(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM
That's awful. Those poor babies. I'm glad they have a good daddy. I am so sorry for your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 4:18 PM
How in the hell did they work on her or get her out with the kids there ? They had to have been moved to another room. So sad
cdjd23
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Thankfully they are young enough so they won't fully get what's going on, that's so sad for them.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad the babies were unharmed.  Sometimes during an overdose one might seize or roll, which could have been even more dangerous. 

I'm sorry for the loss.  You can only do so much to help a person with an addiction.  They have to really want to help themselves.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Quoting Anonymous: How in the hell did they work on her or get her out with the kids there ? They had to have been moved to another room. So sad

my mom asked that, he said he moved them. He did not want them to see that. He is a nurse. he knew what was happening.

lnrmom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Those poor babies!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)