Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG - MC Happy day in Canada

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:50 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
Is May 7th this Wednesday.

It would mean the world to me, if anyone and everyone went! I know McDonalds is not a favourite for most.

In January our VERY good friends lost their 5yo son to cancer, with out the Ronald McDonald house they would never have been able to suffer through the past year as a family.

Sorry for my sappy post!!! BUY a Happy meal!
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jblb
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump this
FlyingHottie
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Bump! When my sis had cancer the Ronald McDonald House was awesome!!
tlcory
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I will take my Granddaughters Wednesday to offer my support.

Jblb
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I just got off the phone with my friend... They are flipping burgers all day on Wednesday!! Is your sister well, these days?

Quoting Danesmommy1: Bump! When my sis had cancer the Ronald McDonald House was awesome!!
Jblb
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay - thank you!! We will be there!!

Quoting tlcory:

I will take my Granddaughters Wednesday to offer my support.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Yep, she got luekemia the first time at 3 and again at 6, she's 32 now. I just saw her this morning before we left Florida to go back to VA.

Quoting Jblb: I just got off the phone with my friend... They are flipping burgers all day on Wednesday!! Is your sister well, these days?

Quoting Danesmommy1: Bump! When my sis had cancer the Ronald McDonald House was awesome!!
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM
I bought my son one today. If I had known I woul have waited. I really dot want him to have it twice in one week lol. But yes, my family has stayed at the Ronald McDonald house as well, while my brother visits children's hospital.
tifferie
by A$$tastic on May. 4, 2014 at 5:19 PM
They helped my sister while her daughter was in the nicu with her brain surgeries. They were so kind.
jjessers
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I remember when I was younger I always thought the Ronald McDonald house was a joke.

Years later.... 4 yrs on the 16th... Our world was turned upside down.

Our youngest was born 6 weeks early with an Inguinal hernia. He was airlifted to the closest children's hospital just 5 hrs after he was born. I left the hospital an hour later and went to the children's hospital , who just happened to call the RMH for us.
We got to the RMH after midnight. They were so friendly, warm and accepting.
They provide a place to stay , 3 meals a day , and even have staff there to talk to if you need. Everything is geared towards families.
2 months later we needed to return for our sons surgery . We felt a bit more at ease knowing that RMH made such a horrible experience for parents , so much more bearable.

I will always make any and all donations to this wonderful organization !!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)