Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats more important to you...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
When picking a hair dresser, how your hair looks when she/he is done styling it or how your hair looks and feels when you take the style out? My friend asked to do my hair so I let her do my hair (yes she is a hairdresser and I did pay to get it done) the style initially looked great but afterwards when I took the style out my dreads aren't in the greatest condition. She asked can she do it again I told her no and explained why and she said "but the style was pretty right?" So I wanted to ask your opinion on what's more important to you?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I want my hair to look good for awhile after I leave. I don't get my hair done but every 6 months or so. So if I'd doesn't look good later I'm not going back. Luckily I've found an amazing lady who I've went to for the last two years.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:56 PM
what do you mean, take the style out? You mean after you wash it? I don't get it.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM

If the style damages your hair, it isn't worth it.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM
I want to be able to replicate what she does styling wise. I don't want to to look nice for her, but not be able to get it to look nice when I do it.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM
How do you take the style out?
Do you mean wash and dry it yourself?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 4, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Both are equally important
SexyBurlapSack
by on May. 4, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Pft, the last time I got my hair styled was for prom. I go in, get a trim, pay, and walk out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Styling dreads? There isn't a stylist on the planet who could make that nastiness look good.
LittleBirdFly
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM

my hair is more important to me. it can look great but after I take her style out and she damaged it I am mad.

SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on May. 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Well, I don't get anyone to style my hair. My sister cuts my hair & that's all she does, is cut it. I do all the burshing/styling afterwards & then she, my mom, my dad if he's home (she cuts it at our parents' house), & my husband if he came with me, all look at it & make sure it's all even & looks nice, if it needs to be evened up at all, she'll do that. I look at it in the mirror last to make sure I'm happy with it.

If I were looking for a new hair dresser, I guess I'd go with how it looks the way I'd normally do my hair

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)