Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do you hate most about being a mom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Of course we all love our kids. we chose to have kids, no ones questioning your love. But being a mom sucks sometimes. What's the worst part for you or something you hate?

I hate the hour long temper tantrums, watching cartoons non stop and their constant fighting. Oh and my toddler constantly asking for juice. Shit.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Replies (401-410):
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Whining - I hate whining
melissaAD1125
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:39 PM
That they don't listen to a damn thing I say
Nkiruka
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous: That at times it feels like I live to serve others, that I'm not a person and was put in this earth to make everyone else happy while no one cares that I feel like crying all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:46 PM

We live in Central America, so we have a full time maid who the kids adore and she comes and babysits when we want to go to a movie or dinner or a party.  Here, a maid is pretty inexpensive and we pay pretty well.  This morning I took my older daughter to tennis and left the little one with the maid and I got to go swimming and run some quick errands.  That part, the time to myself, is a luxury.   

Also, DH is always willing to stay with the kids while I hang with my friend he hates and have a couple sangrias.  He travels a lot so, for him, it's a pleasure to stay with the girls.

Quoting Anonymous: Who watches your kids when you work out, have time to yourself, or go out with DH? We are lucky to steal a night once every 2-3 mns.
Quoting inspain:

Absolutely nothing.  Honestly.  I get time for myself almost whenever I want or need it.  My kids aren't badly behaved and, even when they're driving me nuts, it's not that big a deal.  

Really.  I get to work out, have fun with friends, go out with DH, we all spend a lot of time together.  If I have to choose something...uh...it's maybe the backache I'm getting lately when DD2 (18 months) decides to flop on top of me around 5 am, and sleep there until 7.  I swear, that's the worst of it.

grnsmomma
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Right now I'm sick and would love nothing more than to go lay down in my bed, but of course my kids are extra needy today and crawling on me.

I dread the sibling rivalry that's really about to take off, I may kill the older one. He is about to be 5, the baby is 14 months and not walking or talking yet. Soon...

I hate having to yell and threaten my older to get anything done. And that I'm always he bad guy, DH doesn't make him do as much so I'm the bitch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:49 PM
No sitter when I need a break I am a widow and my youngest is still home and my brother always says his family is to busy.Sucks as I have great kids but want adult time once in awhile ..have not been out with adults since my boys went back to college at christmas. Have taken my dad away for dance worked full time finished another semester of law school. Sad but when my brother divorce d my husband and I had his kids so he could start a business
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 8:50 PM
I love being a mom don't get me wrong but my 2 year old has problems and can't walk or talk yet. I'm always holding him and if I sit him in the floor to play he throws a fit (and won't stop) so I can't cook or clean or do anything and it's getting almost impossible to hold him with one arm while doing stuff. It's not that I don't love to hold him or anything and I know he can't help being like he is. I just wish I could get house work and cooking done and have a break every once in a while.
ald1920
by on May. 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I love being a parent but i hate not getting help from my husband. I take care of everything i pick up after the kids and him i feel like i have another child. My husband sits on his ass and thinks i should serve him and take care of the kids.
pixiedust11
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:54 PM
sleep. I get no sleep. even when I do it's never solid sleep.
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM
For me, it's the constant whining from my oldest. Ugh, it totally strikes a nerve inside me. I don't get it, at all. She SEES me making her breakfast, but yet, she whines and whines until it's ready. It's not like I starve her, damn, just GIVE ME A MINUTE. Ahhhhh

And the sleep deprivation from my youngest. He can't be blamed though, he's only 2 weeks old. lol, but I still want him to sleep longer.

Haha, other than that it's wonderful and fulfilling.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)