Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't look at me sideways bc I'm buying a case of beer while pregnant...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
This past weekend dh asked me to pick up a case of beer for him and his buddy who was coming over for a while. So I did.

While in the checkout line I kept getting these looks from a lady behind me. I am 30 weeks pregnant, so very obviously pregnant. After a few minutes I asked if there was something on my clothes and she said "no, why do you ask?" "Because you're looking at me strangely and I figured I must have something on my clothes causing it." She replied that she can't believe I'm drinking while pregnant. Excuse me?! I looked at her dumbfounded for a moment before saying "not that it's any of your business, but this is for my husband. But for all you know, I maybe buying beer for a party, to cook with or any other reason, there is absolutely no reason to assume I am buying it for me to drink." She kinda got this "oh... Ok. I feel dumb now" look on her face, as she should!

Do you judge women who buy beer/liquor/wine while pregnant? Do you assume they are drinking it? Or do you realize that could be any number of other reasons she is buying it?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SavanasMama08
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I never pay attention to what people are buying. And I've bought beer 8 months pregnant for other people. And if you are drinking it oh well its not my place to judge.
TB78
by Tasha on May. 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe at first I would think that way but I would have to see the pregnant woman drink it before coming to that conclusion.
Crazylife1994
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Don't you just love judgemental idiots?

I never just decide that someone is doing something. Besides it is none of my flipping business in the first place.

Lydlou02
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Not at all. My niece says as soon as she's obviously pg she's gonna volunteer to do everybody's beer runs.
katydid150
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I don't pay one bit of attention to what other people are buying. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
I mean if I were popping open a can right then, then yes, assume I am drinking it. But seriously... Smh.

Quoting TB78: Maybe at first I would think that way but I would have to see the pregnant woman drink it before coming to that conclusion.
tanyainmizzou
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought almost 400 dollars of liquor and wine and then a keg a beer for a giant house warming party we were having when I was 6 months pregnant.

But it was Texas, so no one batted an eye.   The guys working just put everything in my car for me and then gave me free plastic cups.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Wanna try that again? Lol.

Quoting Lydlou02: Not at all. My niece says as st as she's obviously pg she's gont volunteer to do everybody's beer runs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM
*shrugs* I don't pay attention to what others are doing even if they are looking at me.

I don't pay much attention to what others are doing either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM
I'm in Dallas LOL. I'm suppose that's one reason I was a little caught off guard when she told me I shouldn't be buying/drinking beer while pregnant. Lol.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

I bought almost 400 dollars of liquor and wine and then a keg a beer for a giant house warming party we were having when I was 6 months pregnant.

But it was Texas, so no one batted an eye.   The guys working just put everything in my car for me and then gave me free plastic cups.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)