Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The next door neighbor said she was suing me because....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

My 5 year old daughter asked why she was a girl and had a mustache. I got on to my daughter and said that it was not nice and told her never to do that again. The woman apparently has hormone issues. I apologized to her repeatedly and felt bad for it. She called my husband yesterday and said that she wanted us to know that she has contacted a lawyer and that she would be suing us for mental anguish because she hasn't been able to leave the house because of what my dd said and has developed a psychosis where she cant leave the house because she is scared people will make fun of her. She said a therapist has backed her up on this. She said we could settle out of court if we wanted to avoid court fees. My husband said we aren't settling and literally laughed in her face. my husband said she if full of it. She cannot sue us for our five year old asking about her mustache. I am not so sure. I am sure some shady lawyer would find something there. I am just not sure how else I could have handled this. I felt bad she did it but I don't think my child was being mean I think she was just curious because to her men have mustaches and woman don't. My daughter is a very sweet little girl and isnt really known for being  mean or anything.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about it.

ciaras_mom_05
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Lol yeah I wouldn't worry.
kitty8199
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Lol. She most think you're stupid if she asked you to settle out of court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I would counter sue for harassment if she calls again. She sounds unbalanced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hectictracy
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Your neighbor is stupid. Your dd was curious. No way she could have a case because a 5 yr old offended her.
katcb1019
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Crazy woman!! What kid hasn't said something to embarrass everyone around them, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katydid150
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Ignore her. Don't worry about it. 

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I really wouldn't worry about it. I doubt any therapist would ever back her up on something like that, and if they did they are probably pretty shady.
x.Aim.x
by Amy on May. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM

What a lunatic. I wouldn't worry about it and if she calls you again tell her that if she doesn't stop calling you that you will get her for harassment. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Lol!! Let her sue. Outta the mouths of babes and all that jazz.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)