Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had to have two!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

First birthday parties for my daughter because my family can't get along..So my mom threw one for her at her house where a good amount of people showed up.

I had her second party today at my house. My grandparents showed up and that was it. I spent so much money on cake and snacks and decorations. 10 people were supposed to come.

I told everyone that next year there will be 1 party. And if someone doesn't want to come because someone else is there, then so be it. I'm so upset at the turnout for the "party" I had for her =[ And I'm broke to boot becuause of it...for two people. Ugh.

Party #1

Party #2

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 4, 2014 at 5:40 PM
There's no reason they couldn't put their differences aside for one day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I have had 2 birthday parties for my kids since the oldest turned 2. I know how much it can suck. The only thing that makes it worth it for us is that my kids enjoy having that much attention given to them. 

Ray-of-Beezy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM
I don't cater to our family's differences. If you can't suck it and put aside your differences for one day then you can keep your ass at home.
faeriemom1972
by on May. 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I had 2 first b'day parties for my son as well. But for different reasons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM

That's one thing that actually made it harder for us. She doesn't like anything out of her ordinary. So going to my moms to the party was super rough. And then she got irritated half way through mine today.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have had 2 birthday parties for my kids since the oldest turned 2. I know how much it can suck. The only thing that makes it worth it for us is that my kids enjoy having that much attention given to them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 5:45 PM
We would have to do this too. For the kids first years we were close to the in laws and whenever I organised a party, the time didn't suit or the place didn't suit or we'd end up having a 3 year olds cake for supper. Yeah I wasn't happy. Now we're closer to my family and all the extended family come to the park to eat and play and celebrate :) my father and his do not like each other
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM
As long as you can share it with your baby and watch babies cheerful face then you are the winner. Just remember baby has a reason to be immature. I would have brim ought myself to your place no matter the reason. After all there is more than one room in the house. Love babies spoilt at birthdays. A special time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM

BUMP!

ramita
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Yeah I wouldn't do separate parties. They can either suck it up and come or don't bother. The only problem is you run the risk of no one showing up because they're all to concerned about the other showing up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)