Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Read this review for me before I post it, please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I have never had such unprofessional treatment by a business in my life. I made an appointment with Nashan Berrios for a cut and color. The Saturday of my appointment, I waited for almost an hour before she came out and told me that she had made a mistake and forgot to put my appointment on the books. Not only that ...but the salon didn't even stock the red that my hair is colored. She had to order my color and asked me to come in the following Saturday. Stupidly, I did. Nashan wasn't even at the salon this time. Rather than someone actually telling me this information, they let me sit like a fool in the waiting area for half an hour before telling me that I should text her. I left without my hair done once again and a couple hours carved out of my Saturday. Nashan finally texted me "To call her when I got a chance..." at 6pm on Saturday night, but when I did she didn't answer. Here it is Sunday afternoon and I still haven't spoken to her, nor has she even attempted to apologize to me.

I have never been so embarrassed or disrespected. I prepaid for her services via a Groupon that she was offering online so I suppose that since I wasn't paying full price for what she was offering, my time and money meant nothing to her or the other staff members of the salon. Groupon is only offering me credit for my purchase rather than the cash back so I am out $65 for the cost of the cut and color. Sure, I can spend that money on something else, but after this experience I can't say that I will ever use the service again.

If you value your time, I would strongly advise against making an appointment with Nashan. As for the salon itself, I really think that they could have handled the situation in a more professional manner. I understand that they "don't keep her appointment book for her" but they should have made an attempt to make it right.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjessers
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Looks good to me.

Except I wouldn't have been so nice.
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 5:56 PM
As long as all of the facts are straight, post away! It sounds reasonable enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I didn't want to go nuts.  Yesterday I was so pissed that my blood was boiling.  I had to walk out of the salon before I made an ass of myself. 

Quoting jjessers: Looks good to me. Except I wouldn't have been so nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM

100% straight.  I was actually generous to them on the time.  My appointment yesterday was at 12:30 and they let me sit there until 1:15 before suggesting that I text the stylist. 

Quoting Rebecca7708: As long as all of the facts are straight, post away! It sounds reasonable enough.

demonica29
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM

Often, stylists rent a chair in a salon, which sounds like the case here. They are independent contractors, completely separate from the salon and therefore there is truly nothing the salon could do to help you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM
The "woman" who was suppose to do your hair knew from the time before that you were waiting for how long and to make it right.
I myself would have gone a bit crazy on them. I guess it's what the natives here call , my Brooklyn attitude .

Did you put that review on groupon's site ?

My mom recently bought a new car . ( after my dad passed away she had 2 cars with payments and wanted to consolidate ) 2 months after going to this carwash with her expensive car they scratched the window tint. The way she was treated was horrific. As if a lowly woman had no place complaining. I went with her again , so forth and so on. I'm put reviews up EVRYWHERE I knew to.
Guess what .... Yelp and similar sites where this business was listed ,removed my reviews. I found out that yelp and the other sites ....take payments . ( yeah , I was gullible about that )

So ...this is why I'm telling you all this. You should have made a big spectacle of the situation so that patrons already there , and those coming in, would know what happened .

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't want to go nuts.  Yesterday I was so pissed that my blood was boiling.  I had to walk out of the salon before I made an ass of myself. 

Quoting jjessers: Looks good to me. Except I wouldn't have been so nice.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:18 PM

The salon or receptionist could have let her know IMMEDIATELY that the stylist was not there, instead of letting her wait so long. I would expect at least that level of service.

Quoting demonica29:

Often, stylists rent a chair in a salon, which sounds like the case here. They are independent contractors, completely separate from the salon and therefore there is truly nothing the salon could do to help you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM

You're right.  This stylist does rent space here.  The director of the salon is the one that told me to text her, didn't even let me know she wasn't there.  It wasn't until after I left and decided to call them rather than make a scene that I found out.  She could have had some common decency and told me.  This was the second Saturday in a row that I wasted my time sitting there waiting.  The owner of the salon who has this stylist listed on her website should have offered to do something.   

Quoting demonica29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Exactly, and I wouldn't even consider that service, more like being a decent human being.

Quoting cali_gurl:

The salon or receptionist could have let her know IMMEDIATELY that the stylist was not there, instead of letting her wait so long. I would expect at least that level of service.

Quoting demonica29:

elzingah36
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Sounds good to me. Even though I know you were livid,you kept it calm,cool, and professional...unlike the pos salon! Post away mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)