Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If he is late returning kids from visitation....

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 28 Replies

What can I do?

This is my ex-husband's first visitation since my divorce (which went thru Wednesday)

He had not seen the kids in months. The court order says he is to have them back at 6

He just texted and said he wont have them back til 8 or 8:30

I honestly don't mind the kids having extra time with their dad, but he needs to clear it with me first (what if we had plans)

And also I don't want him thinking the court order is no big deal (he has already made the comment that it might take him more than the court ordered 60 days to get his stuff from my house)

Also he will not tell me where my kids are except "out of town"

Any ideas?

ETA  Kids still aren't home and he is well over an hour late and is not answering texts or phone calls.

I called the cops and am waiting for an officer to call me back

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miss_Magnolia.
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
This happens sometimes. I'd just tell him it's a school night so it's important to be on time for them. Other than that I'd pick my battles and not get upset about it.
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Both of you need to stop using the children as possessions in your power struggle.
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 4, 2014 at 6:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Let it slide this time. Tell him next time the kids are late without your prior permission the cops will be called

Also tell him on the 61st day his stuff will be at goodwill
smalltownteddy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Screencap and hold onto it. If it becomes a habit or he starts causing trouble on purpose, take him back to court.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I told him that Id make a police report if necessary. I won't this time, but this will not be a habit. He has been completely unyeilding with the temporary order, including insisting I have the kids to visitation in an ice storm, even tho I offered him extra time earlier in the week to avoid the ice..

Also his "stuff" is actually a shed building which will take a special truck to move and a lot of yard machines like riding mowers and tillers ect...

I just foresee him thinking the order is invalid and doing whatever he pleases

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Let it slide this time. Tell him next time the kids are late without your prior permission the cops will be called Also tell him on the 61st day his stuff will be at goodwill

Sara-1989
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I wouldn't let that slide. If you do it once, he'll think it's OK to keep doing. However, I'm not exactly sure of the legal recourse.
ecerka
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM
What makes you think she is using her kids as a power struggle? She just wants to be asked first.

Quoting wickedfiress: Both of you need to stop using the children as possessions in your power struggle.
bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Document, document, document. This will help you in case you need to go to court at a later date. Trust me.

Dora1692
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

This is exactly why I have an enforcement clause. My lawyer advised to give him a half hour leeway and if he breaks that, I can have it enforced by the police and he can be arrested. The ENTIRE court order is enforceable, including any clauses I have inputted. Might be something to look into!

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on May. 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM

The thing Im most upset abt is that it is the FIRST visit and he won't tell me where my kids are. "Out of town" is not an acceptable answer. Especially when he told me that his SUV can't drive very far due to mechanical issues

Quoting Sara-1989: I wouldn't let that slide. If you do it once, he'll think it's OK to keep doing. However, I'm exactly sure of the legal recourse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)