Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else want to start a career

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
At 40 ? I'm 44 and sick of retail I'm thinking of going back to school so I can do nails .Any advice ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
46 and tired of hospitality business, 60 hour weeks every freaking weekend....
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this

You are never too old to turn a new page

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel like its time to do what I live and I'm obsessed with nails why not try to make a career out or it

Quoting thenameshailie:

blazenangel5
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM
There is a 76 year old woman in my medical assisting program!!
km1970
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM

My MIL was in her 40's when dh's dad died. She went back to school to be a nurse.  I have a friend that went to learn how to do nails at 39.

BCM1971
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:43 PM

I am at a place in my life where I feel like I have wasted the years away. Even with some college, nothing has really panned out. I have been feeling a drive toward a business, I almost feel on fire for the benefits, but I have to overcome some social anxiety for it to happen, which is in itself a good thing, whether or not the business works out. 

I strongly believe it is never too late to go back to school or to follow any dream you have! Never! Definitely go for it if that's what you want to do. What is there to lose, go back to retail? Right? :)

Becky
"Shallow desires produce Shallow efforts". " The process of getting healthy has to be about more than just losing weight and focusing on ourselves...It's about recalibrating our souls so that we want to change for the right reasons." "let me assure you that the object of our craving was never suppose to be food, sex, money, or chasing after significance." - Made to Crave

TSNDDY
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM
I'm not there but my mom went to school in her 40's and 50's to switch things up. If you're alive and can work you can make a change.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:44 PM

No better time than the present. 

Quoting Anonymous: I feel like its time to do what I live and I'm obsessed with nails why not try to make a career out or it
Quoting thenameshailie:

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
It's never too late. I am 29 and while I have a good JOB it's not a CAREER and does not make me happy. I just finished up my freshman year in college, going for my bachelors in psychology. I will be in my mid 30's by the time I am where I want to be in regards to degrees and state licensures, but I am ok with that. Like I said, it's never too late for a change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatiebugsMom711
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM

it's never too late to get the career you want. I am 27 years old and have an associates degree in computer graphic arts, plan on contiuning my education to get a bachelors degree while still trying to look for a graphic designer position. It's hard though this day and age.....been searching for a job in my field for over 3-4 years since I graduated with an associates degree.........but I am hoping with a bachelors degree that it will get me a better chance in landing a job for my career.....good luck on your decision!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)