Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period Tim question?

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM
  • 20 Replies
I have a 7 month old. From Nov. to Mar. I was on my period nearly nonstop (basically a few days a month off) I went to the doctor and she said it's not abnormal to have irregular bleeding for the first six months. Well April, I stopped bleeding completely for 3 weeks. I was ecstatic! I thought the doctor was spot on and my irregular bleeding had stopped. Well, I started my period again, no big deal. But... here it is 2 weeks later and I'm still on my period!! Wtf?! I'm setting up am appointment tomorrow morning, but have any of you ladies experienced this?

(My mom and grandma had uterine fibroids, so I know that's already an option, but I'm 22)
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry...Bump

firespurity
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:56 PM
I went through that after my oldest was born. It took three years to go away. My doctor said it was from breastfeeding.
luvmygirls59
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I only breastfed for the first 2 months. When I stopped, my bleeding started.

Quoting firespurity: I went through that after my oldest was born. It took three years to go away. My doctor said it was from breastfeeding.
MaryJarrett
by on May. 4, 2014 at 6:58 PM
That doesn't sound right to me at all! I hope you get it figured out!
firespurity
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I only breastfed her until she was about 15 months. The bleeding continued the entire time. Randomly it would stop for a month, but it never stayed away. :( I honestly never thought it was from breastfeeding.

Quoting luvmygirls59: I only breastfed for the first 2 months. When I stopped, my bleeding started.

Quoting firespurity: I went through that after my oldest was born. It took three years to go away. My doctor said it was from breastfeeding.
luvmygirls59
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Thank you!

Quoting MaryJarrett: That doesn't sound right to me at all! I hope you get it figured out!
MikeyJr.sMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Take Motrin. It should slow it down

luvmygirls59
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Hmm...

Quoting firespurity: I only breastfed her until she was about 15 months. The bleeding continued the entire time. Randomly it would stop for a month, but it never stayed away. :( I honestly never thought it was from breastfeeding.

Quoting luvmygirls59: I only breastfed for the first 2 months. When I stopped, my bleeding started.

luvmygirls59
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Motrin? Really? I'll try it :)

Quoting MikeyJr.sMom:

MikeyJr.sMom
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I was bleeding so heavy at one point I called the doc thinking I would be losing too much iron!  The nurse told me to take Motrin and that not a lot of people know about it.  My bleeding stopped the next day.  I would still get it checked out though.  Good luck!

Quoting luvmygirls59: Motrin? Really? I'll try it :)
Quoting MikeyJr.sMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)