• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When I picked my son up from his dads...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
4 moms liked this

I don't know if it's my pregnancy hormones but I was mad!!
My son was still in his shirt from yesterday, his sneakers were no where to be found so I had to bring him home shoe-less. His dad doesn't pay child support but when I need money I ask, I asked him to bring our son to get his hair cut and he didn't because he didn't pay bills yet so he wasnt sure if he could afford it, and he didn't eat dinner... It was 6 when I picked him up... Luckily when I texted this all to my husband he made some pasta, got our three year old from the truck so he wouldnt get hurt on our rocky driveway gave him dinner and is doing bath time with him... I started getting contractions while driving home so now I am just relaxing sipping on hot chocolate. 

Atleast my husband knows how to be a dad... Out with the zero in with the hero.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Glad you were able to improve.  Take it easy, and do your best never to let your son see you upset with his bio Dad.  As much as it sucks, you don't want him to think because he's "part of his Dad" that he must suck by default.  That's the mistake my parents made when they split.  My Dad wouldn't talk bad about my Mom, but my SM did.  And when she did, I wondered if she hated some part of me, too.  And my Mom would flat out point out ways I was like my Dad that she "hated."

curvygurl1912
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
It is your fault he is not paying cs if you dont pursue it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM
3 moms liked this

Was I complaining? No I just stated that I asked him for a haircut instead of asking him for the money for one. I thought it would be a good father son thing... I don't care that I don't get childsupport. 

Quoting curvygurl1912: It is your fault he is not paying cs if you dont pursue it.

AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM
That would piss me off. This kind of stuff makes me glad ex doesn't have visitation rights. Dh is the only dad Ds has ever known and does a wonderful job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I never really do, if he does something parent like that I don't like it's talked about via text after pick up but I am so damn hormonal lately.... Literally watched Saw and it made me cry! -_- 

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Glad you were able to improve.  Take it easy, and do your best never to let your son see you upset with his bio Dad.  As much as it sucks, you don't want him to think because he's "part of his Dad" that he must suck by default.  That's the mistake my parents made when they split.  My Dad wouldn't talk bad about my Mom, but my SM did.  And when she did, I wondered if she hated some part of me, too.  And my Mom would flat out point out ways I was like my Dad that she "hated."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 7:27 PM

The dinner, shoes, and shirt thing bothered me the most.

Quoting AjsMom0508: That would piss me off. This kind of stuff makes me glad ex doesn't have visitation rights. Dh is the only dad Ds has ever known and does a wonderful job.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 7:27 PM
I'm so very grateful I dont have to deal with this type if thing.
MilkLover0203
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh, please. Pick your fucking battles.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Glad you are with a better man now. Why wouldn't you pursue child support though? It is about your kid and he will need ALL the money he can get for college and his future.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was I complaining? No I just stated that I asked him for a haircut instead of asking him for the money for one. I thought it would be a good father son thing... I don't care that I don't get childsupport. 

Quoting curvygurl1912: It is your fault he is not paying cs if you dont pursue it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex was in a rough financial situation when we split.. He was about to loose his house because his bussiness was suffering so I did it because I felt bad... He has been doing really well lately and we have discussed the option of childsupport but I am towards the end of my pregnancy, my mom is getting a kidney transplant, and were in the process of renovating our other house so I might just wait till things calm down here. 

Quoting cali_gurl:

Glad you are with a better man now. Why wouldn't you pursue child support though? It is about your kid and he will need ALL the money he can get for college and his future.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)