Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He tells me it's a waste of time

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
So my husband was a workout/health food buff when we met complete with 8-pack abs. I've always been a little overweight but very muscular. My healthy weight range is between 132 and 165, but I've always maintained around 187 because of all of the muscles. My dr was happy with it, i was happy with it and so I just maintained it. Even after my first child I was able to get back down to it with no problems. After my second child I struggled to get back down to 195, but had my muscular form back so I was content. Now after my third, I can't get below 225. I'm unhappy with it and it bothers me a lot, especially since DH went on a diet and lost 25 pounds and is back down to his ideal weight.

My sisters and mom are all doing weight watchers to shed some pounds before my youngest sisters wedding next July and they asked if I wanted to join. I've been considering it, but when I spoke to DH about it, he said it's pointless. I have low blood sugar and low blood pressure that are both controlled through diet, I have been pushing off a much needed knee surgery for 2 years, I work full time and I coach my son's soccer team. He keeps telling me that I won't stick with it and it is a waste of time and money. When I asked him what he suggests, he said to do what he is doing. He drinks nothing but green tea and water (I hate green tea), he only eats 2 small meals a day (I can't because of my dietary restrictions), and he tries to stay moving all day (which I do while I am at work all day).

My feelings are really hurt right now and I just don't know what to do. I want to lose some weight but I have a very demanding Schedule and a very judgemental husband. What should I do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
VintageWife
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Lose a lot of weight, as in whatever he weighs...
MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Why did you ask him in the first place?  it is your body, you are the one who will be following the plan and/or going to the meetings.  

in my experience, losing weight is easiest when you just do it on your own with a plan, or WW, and don't tell others.  you don't really need the input, expectations, or discouragement.  Just go ahead and do it if it feels right to you.

WW is an excellent, healthy way to change your habits for a healthier diet.  just stay away from the packaged products, and stick to fresh made food that fits the guidelines.

Best of luck 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I asked him because of the fees. We always discuss purchases over $50.

Quoting MonarchMom22:

Why did you ask him in the first place?  it is your body, you are the one who will be following the plan and/or going to the meetings.  

in my experience, losing weight is easiest when you just do it on your own with a plan, or WW, and don't tell others.  you don't really need the input, expectations, or discouragement.  Just go ahead and do it if it feels right to you.

WW is an excellent, healthy way to change your habits for a healthier diet.  just stay away from the packaged products, and stick to fresh made food that fits the guidelines.

Best of luck 

MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I see.  Didn't realize the cost.  I thought it was less expensive.

I hope you find something that works for you.  No one should discourage you from positive steps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)