Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I wait to tell him I'm pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
My husband and I had a miscarriage a couple years ago and he really took it hard and told me then that he doesn't think he can handle me going through another one.

We've been trying to conceive since my doctor gave us the go ahead and today I took a test and it's positive. My period isn't supposed to start for a couple more days so I know I'm not far along. While I have no reason to think I'll miscarry I'm wondering if I should wait a bit before telling him just in case, I can't bear to see him hurting.

So should I just wait until I'm 8 weeks and the chance of miscarriage goes down or should I tell him now?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I thought 12 weeks was when the chance of miscarriage dropped?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Hmm, my doctor told me 8 weeks is when the chance drops dramatically. She didn't give me a percentage though.

Quoting Anonymous: I thought 12 weeks was when the chance of miscarriage dropped?
TheFairestOne
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Don't wait. I think he'd be more hurt finding out about the pregnancy if you miscarry again.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Hmmm, tough one.  If it was me (and MY husband) I would tell him.  Say you do miscarry again (God forbid)-why should you go through it alone?  He's your partner and love, shouldn't he be there for you-no matter what?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Oh. Maybe I heard wrong. I don't always pay attention to what the doctors say. Good luck. I hope for no miscarriages. If I were you I'd probably wait till I was out of the "danger" zone.
ajdahd13
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM
He's your husband. Tell him.
Malayahsmom06
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:36 PM
I would go ahead and tell him. But that's just me
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I understand not wanting to feel like you are causing your dh pain but do you want to bear the burden alone? Would it cause you additional pain to have concealed to from him?

It might be best to at least take another pregnancy test in a week, then if it's positive you can tell him. Or not...
Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I wouldn't be able to keep that a secret, I'd have to tell him.

Ray-of-Beezy
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I would tell my husband.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)