• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have stretched out retina or had that before?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
What is this called?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlleyCat08
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Did it tear? I had a friend and her retina tore and the Dr said if it had not been caught, she would have lost her vision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 8:51 PM
No. It's stretched out with holes on the bottom. My 13 year old is the one that has this=/

Quoting AlleyCat08: Did it tear? I had a friend and her retina tore and the Dr said if it had not been caught, she would have lost her vision.
AlleyCat08
by on May. 4, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Okay. I know my friends Dr had a technical term, but it was long... wish I could help.

Quoting Anonymous: No. It's stretched out with holes on the bottom. My 13 year old is the one that has this=/

Quoting AlleyCat08: Did it tear? I had a friend and her retina tore and the Dr said if it had not been caught, she would have lost her vision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 8:53 PM
I'm taking her for a second opinion. I just like to know what's it called so I can mention that lol

Quoting AlleyCat08: Okay. I know my friends Dr had a technical term, but it was long... wish I could help.

Quoting Anonymous: No. It's stretched out with holes on the bottom. My 13 year old is the one that has this=/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Bump
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM
I don't know what it's called, but mine are pretty stretched. The eye dr has mentioned it a few times. He said if it tears to be seen immediately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM
That's what he told my daughter. If she sees something weird, we have to go in immediately.

Quoting seraphimsong: I don't know what it's called, but mine are pretty stretched. The eye dr has mentioned it a few times. He said if it tears to be seen immediately.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Did you see anyone else for that or was that just it?

Quoting seraphimsong: I don't know what it's called, but mine are pretty stretched. The eye dr has mentioned it a few times. He said if it tears to be seen immediately.
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:05 PM
That was pretty much it. I am seen every year so he can check it, but there isn't really anything he can do. He said odds are nothing will ever happen but if it happens to be seen immediately

Quoting Anonymous: Did you see anyone else for that or was that just it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM
That's what he said to us. It makes me sick to my stomach to know she has that chance of it deattching.

Quoting seraphimsong: That was pretty much it. I am seen every year so he can check it, but there isn't really anything he can do. He said odds are nothing will ever happen but if it happens to be seen immediately

Quoting Anonymous: Did you see anyone else for that or was that just it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)