Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont mean to. but I judge...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

the people in my low income (family) apt building. who have brand new vehicals(2014-2015). and wear designer clothes. if you can afford that shit you can afford rent somewhere else. since its 30% of monthly household income(min rent $326 no matter how little you make).and you are probablly paying the average rent in our city here anyway.

where as a family like myself who doesnt have a car and cant afford designer clothes. get put on a waiting list for months or yrs even (we were lucky and got in within a few months) while you sit pretty. without a care in the world. 

I work f/t but wouldnt be able afford the average rent right now.

I know tons of people on the waiting list while people with brand new cars, and people who just came to canada get in right away....

vent over

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Most of those people you speak of, lie about their income. But I totally agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I wanna see how this plays out
numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I agree but people suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM

bump

littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM

rent is that low where you live?  I have not seen that kind of rent here in about 35 yrs. WOW.  Also, I absolutely agree with you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:33 PM

the place I am in rent is 30% of monthly house hold income. but the other places to rent in my area for the same kinda place are around $850-$1000 (2bdrm apt)

Quoting littlelamb303:

rent is that low where you live?  I have not seen that kind of rent here in about 35 yrs. WOW.  Also, I absolutely agree with you.

TSNDDY
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Don't they have an income cut off?
littlelamb303
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM

I am in a high COL area.  2 bedrooms are 2000 and up.  It is crazy. 

Quoting Anonymous:

the place I am in rent is 30% of monthly house hold income. but the other places to rent in my area for the same kinda place are around $850-$1000 (2bdrm apt)

Quoting littlelamb303:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM
55k yr if you got in after oct 2013. Before that if you were in for a long time there was not cut off for some of those people.

Quoting TSNDDY: Don't they have an income cut off?
jessi2girls
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I agree, I knew a couple who rented from her brother, and got assistance to cover part of their rent, food stamps and cash assistance (utilities were included in rent), they ended up being 4 months behind on rent, and have completely trashed the apartment (holes in the wall, kids doodled everywhere, etc).. 

they got their income tax money back.. did they pay their back rent? Fix the holes like they promised? buy their kids new clothes because they were all stained and all had rips/holes?   No.. they bought a brand new flat screen tv for the livingroom and a HUGE computer monitor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)