Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird period after being......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
raped. 2 weeks after I was brutally raped, I started my period. The first day it was normal but lighter than usual. The 2nd day it really lightened and pretty much has tapered off to some spotting or light brown discharge. It was light to dark brown the whole time. It came 3 days early but that's normal. My period was very unusual. Usually the first 2 days it is very heavy and I go through a super tampon every 30 mins, the last few days it's normal. I'm not sure what to think about my period this month.
I had my tubes tied so I know it couldn't be implantation bleeding or anything like that. I'll probably set an appointment up to see my gynecologist anyway.

Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Stress more than likely. Anything that stresses you emotionally or traumatic experiences throw off your hormones, which in turn interferes with your menstrual cycle. And I'm sorry, you sound like you've been through a lot. Wish you the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM

No clue but i would get checked out as well.  I am presuming you did when it first happened as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Thank you. I figured maybe it could be the stress and meds my dr has me on, he was so brutal that he injured my ribs and neck. I've been on Valium and a painkiller. I wasn't sure if seeing my gynecologist would be a good idea or not.

Quoting texasgirl77: Stress more than likely. Anything that stresses you emotionally or traumatic experiences throw off your hormones, which in turn interferes with your menstrual cycle. And I'm sorry, you sound like you've been through a lot. Wish you the best.
Ryanswifey42012
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I would say see your doctor
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Yes, I surely would just because you want to make sure it's nothing besides the stress.

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you. I figured maybe it could be the stress and meds my dr has me on, he was so brutal that he injured my ribs and neck. I've been on Valium and a painkiller. I wasn't sure if seeing my gynecologist would be a good idea or not.

Quoting texasgirl77: Stress more than likely. Anything that stresses you emotionally or traumatic experiences throw off your hormones, which in turn interferes with your menstrual cycle. And I'm sorry, you sound like you've been through a lot. Wish you the best.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I'll be sure to call tomorrow. Just to be sure everything is ok. I was tested for stds, HIV and hepatitis which all came back negative but I have to retest in 6 months.

Quoting texasgirl77: Yes, I surely would just because you want to make sure it's nothing besides the stress.

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you. I figured maybe it could be the stress and meds my dr has me on, he was so brutal that he injured my ribs and neck. I've been on Valium and a painkiller. I wasn't sure if seeing my gynecologist would be a good idea or not.

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Good luck to you. Are you going for counseling?

Quoting Anonymous: I'll be sure to call tomorrow. Just to be sure everything is ok. I was tested for stds, HIV and hepatitis which all came back negative but I have to retest in 6 months.

Quoting texasgirl77: Yes, I surely would just because you want to make sure it's nothing besides the stress.

ManicVetTech
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:59 PM

First of all, I am very sorry for what you're going through. That is just horrible.

My immediate thought would be stress, and possibly medications. 

I  know you said you had your tubes tied, but does that prevent ectopic pregnancy? I would be concerned about that as well, but I am not sure that is even possible. I want to say I've heard that it can happen, so I would see my doc as soon as possible.

Best of luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM
I haven't thought about it yet. My dr has been urging me to since I broke down crying the 2 times I seen him.

Quoting texasgirl77: Good luck to you. Are you going for counseling?

Quoting Anonymous: I'll be sure to call tomorrow. Just to be sure everything is ok. I was tested for stds, HIV and hepatitis which all came back negative but I have to retest in 6 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Thank you, its been tough.
I thought about that as well, another reason I figured I should get checked out. I've done been tested for everything else, I might as well go see my gynecologist and get checked out too. Next will probably be finding a counselor since my dr is very concerned about my mental state right now. I'm pretty numb today.

Quoting ManicVetTech:

First of all, I am very sorry for what you're going through. That is just horrible.

My immediate thought would be stress, and possibly medications. 

I  know you said you had your tubes tied, but does that prevent ectopic pregnancy? I would be concerned about that as well, but I am not sure that is even possible. I want to say I've heard that it can happen, so I would see my doc as soon as possible.

Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)