Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm pretty sure my baby does not like me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
She just turned 2 months and rarely smiles at me. When she does they are small.at fleeting. She gives her dad huge smiles, "talks" to him and has actually giggled/laughed at him a few times in the last few days. Its really kind of hurting my feelings.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Don't worry, I felt like this for about 3 months with my baby. He would always cry when I had him,but calm down for SO or even my mom! I think it was partly my own frustrations and maybe a little PPD and I think he sensed it. But then something happened....I made him laugh. I nibbled on his chin and got these big belly laughs. I knew we would be OK. I had shit to work on. He is now 9 months old and we have an awesome connection. We definitely did not immediately have it.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM

You shouldnt take the things a baby does or doesnt do personally. She likes whoever takes care of her and that is as far as her liking abilities go at this point. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
It makes me a little sad and jealous

Quoting Anonymous: Don't worry, I felt like this for about 3 months with my baby. He would always cry when I had him,but calm down for SO or even my mom! I think it was partly my own frustrations and maybe a little PPD and I think he sensed it. But then something happened....I made him laugh. I nibbled on his chin and got these big belly laughs. I knew we would be OK. I had shit to work on. He is now 9 months old and we have an awesome connection. We definitely did not immediately have it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Hug hug! I felt a lot sad and jealous! I know how you feel, and I think your baby might too. Calm down and try to act silly. Nibble her belly make funny noises. Give it time though! I think 2 no is still early for laughs and smiles! It will get better mama

Quoting Anonymous: It makes me a little sad and jealous

Quoting Anonymous: Don't worry, I felt like this for about 3 months with my baby. He would always cry when I had him,but calm down for SO or even my mom! I think it was partly my own frustrations and maybe a little PPD and I think he sensed it. But then something happened....I made him laugh. I nibbled on his chin and got these big belly laughs. I knew we would be OK. I had shit to work on. He is now 9 months old and we have an awesome connection. We definitely did not immediately have it.
Mselb1925
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
That's because she is still young. At that age a baby still thinks that mom and her are the same person. That would be like you looking at a part of your body and smiling at it. She spent 9 months inside of you. You are the most important person in her life right now. Because you are her in her eyes. =)
maureen813
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Sometimes it is the tone or inflection of the voice, believe me, you are her whole world! Just wait until she is a teenager, then you will really experience a child that does not like you, I have two!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)