• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I can't believe he said that" Who was more rude?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Got to work today, I'm a waitress, and a coworker came up to me all huffy and said "You would NOT believe what one of *regular group members* said to me."

(We have this group once a month, they eat while they have their meeting, nothing formal, and they order and pay for their own meals. They are kind of obnoxious but I've taken them before and they've always been okay for me)

So she tells me what happened...

She was taking some drink orders as they came in, and she wrote down what one gentleman wanted and moved on to the next person when the first one said, and this is why she was mad, "What? You cant take my food order at the same time?"

So she tells me what SHE said, "Um, NO, I can't. I'm only getting drinks right now and I will put all the food in at the same time when you all arrive"

My jaw dropped. FIRST, yes he didnt have to get snippy, BUT... they dont do a formal meal, they eat WHILE they meet. Half of them dont even get anything other than a drink or just dessert. There is NO reason she couldnt have put his order in at that time. She's waited on them at least 9-10 times... she knows that wouldnt have been a big deal. 

I'm taking it to the manager tomorrow, she is constantly rude to people, other servers are always watching her section to make sure her customers are being taken care of. I cant deal with this anymore. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crashly
by Ashley on May. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM
That was out of line on her part. I don't see why she couldn't put the order for the member on right then. I've done it numerous times. I've never thought it was a big deal.
TheFairestOne
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM

This is a fine example of why I tip according to service.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM

She was rude. She should have just said sure and moved along.

nopenope666
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
How does someone act like that and make it in a restaurant?
bethpelle
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I don't think it's a big deal but I've also never been a waitress so I don't understand the protocol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
She's sister to one of the managers... :-\

Quoting nopenope666: How does someone act like that and make it in a restaurant?
nopenope666
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Omfg.
I was in a very similar situation at an old job. This stupid bitch was constantly losing customers, pissing off other employees, taking a thousand smoke breaks aday and just leaving her tables(we wweren't even allowed to smoke), i could go on and on. Her sister was the gm, and after a while we just all got together and went to her like wtf? She fired her bc a bunch of us were about to walk out.

Quoting Anonymous: She's sister to one of the managers... :-\

Quoting nopenope666: How does someone act like that and make it in a restaurant?
nopenope666
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM
The seats are numbered, so on the paper each guest has a number. Theres zero reason she couldn't write his food order under his number at the same time.

Quoting bethpelle: I don't think it's a big deal but I've also never been a waitress so I don't understand the protocol.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Quoting Crashly: That was out of line on her part. I don't see why she couldn't put the order for the member on right then. I've done it numerous times. I've never thought it was a big deal.
mich2.0
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Eh, he was rude, she was rude. She shouldn't have said it but I wouldn't say anything to the manager.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)