Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I wanna see some rings!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

No good reason I'm just nosey. There's mine!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Replies (951-960):
TripletTwin_Mom
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I have this exact ring!!! Beautiful!

Quoting ajdahd13:

Mobile Photo

Beautiful, OP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably a pet peeve of mine that they be sparkling since I used to work in a jewelry store. I have a friend who never cleans hers and I always tell her she should take it to get cleaned and rhodium plated.

Quoting lapcounter: Some are happy with the way they are. I prefer sparkle but not everyone does.
Quoting Anonymous:

Well if you are going to show your ring off in a post where everyone is liking and commenting, wouldn't you want it to be sparkling?

Quoting lapcounter: What does it hurt you?
Quoting Anonymous:

Ladies please at least clean those cloudy diamond/CZs before you post them!!

Sunshyn1838
by on May. 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much! I'm going to look for them and wear them on my right hand...who knows, maybe I'll get remarried lol.

Quoting norwgnwood: I ordered them off Etsy. :-)

Quoting Sunshyn1838: Very cool...who made them?

Quoting norwgnwood:

These are my commitment rings to my kids. I'm a single mom and wear them on my left ring finger.
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Here's the link to the store I ordered them from. I love them! I don't want to get married but I figure, if I do enter into a long term relationship,I can get another ring with his name on it.I did a lot of searching and this was the best value.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HeartsofSilver
Quoting Sunshyn1838: Thank you so much! I'm going to look for them and wear them on my right hand...who knows, maybe I'll get remarried lol.
Quoting norwgnwood: I ordered them off Etsy. :-)
Quoting Sunshyn1838: Very cool...who made them?

Quoting norwgnwood:

These are my commitment rings to my kids. I'm a single mom and wear them on my left ring finger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zanny
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Unique and GORGEOUS!!   I love this set 

Quoting rfhsure: I'm not a fan of diamonds, but I think that set is really unique.
Quoting Kymmy28: Thank you. When I first got it I thought it was rise gold but when cleaned and saw it again it was white gold. The jewler told me it is worth 8 to 10,000 as of Oct 2013. My mouth hit the floor when she told me lol.
Quoting rfhsure: That is beautiful.
Quoting Kymmy28:

Mobile Photo

This is my ring. It is a family heirloom, it is 97 year old ring will one large diamond and 9 smaller ones that total 1/2 caret in 20 krt white gold. The style no longer made and the diamond is no longer cut in this style. It was my great great aunts ring. I truly love it.

JALang6
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too!!

Quoting Zanny:

I absolutely. LOVE Canary Diamonds!!   

Quoting JALang6:

Mobile Photo

My favorite color is yellow so this ring was perfect for me!

dawnjohnson5
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM
That is pretty.

I have tried on so many bands, but the way the diamond is mounted, most bands sit underneath it.

We did find a band on overstock that looks like it would work, but I am still unsure.

Quoting Lulabelle423:

Mobile Photo

Here is my set. I had it soldered together but I got the bands at mysolitaire.com
They have a good variety...or at least did when I was shopping

Quoting dawnjohnson5: Very pretty.

I have a black diamond too. I am having a hell of a time finding a wedding band though

Quoting -JC-:

Mobile Photo

It's a one carat black diamond. With one carat of white accent diamonds. 18ct gold. It's a Neil lane from Kay's. We had the center white stone switched out to make it more my style. And we purchased simple pave bands that are black diamonds for my wedding bands

Quoting MichLW69: I love your ring! Do you have a straight on photo? What is the center stone?

Quoting -JC-:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 7, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Is that a tattoo or a fake ring?

Quoting meliec3:

Mobile Photo

momof6nokc
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Never allow some small, mean little girl on an internet forum upset you :o)  I always wonder about a person who would make such a comment and I feel pity for them.  How miserable must you be to take pot shots at strangers on the internet?  

My DH and I met when he was 37 and I was 30.  We had both been married previously, everything done in the "right order", both marriages ending in divorce.  

We were on a cruise when we discovered I was pregnant.  Whoops!  

Oh my gosh when that pregnancy test came back positive we laughed and laughed!!!  By that time he was 38 years old and I was 31 and we had to explain to our parents that I was knocked up.  Here we were, 2 full grown adults, both professionals, both with kids, CLEARLY we know how babies are made, and here we were expecting a child without even being engaged, LOL.

We OWNED that in grand style!!!  What more can you do?  And I have to tell you we STILL laugh to this day and our DD is 14 years old. I imagine I'll be laughing someday when she finally does the math in her head....:o)   

It's life. You only get one shot in this world.  So you got pregnant before marriage?  If that's the only thing someone can try to hurt you with, well, you've led a pretty damn good life.

Quoting owl0210: Lame...is that all you got?
Quoting Anonymous:

LMFAO shotgun wedding.

Quoting owl0210:

Your crazy is showing. You might want to tuck that back in.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I just laugh at the anonymous morons. This will be both of our second marriages too :) I did things in the "right" order the first time and that obviously didn't work out lol. I'm 35 and my fiance is 41 and here we are again...

Quoting momof6nokc:

Never allow some small, mean little girl on an internet forum upset you :o)  I always wonder about a person who would make such a comment and I feel pity for them.  How miserable must you be to take pot shots at strangers on the internet?  

My DH and I met when he was 37 and I was 30.  We had both been married previously, everything done in the "right order", both marriages ending in divorce.  

We were on a cruise when we discovered I was pregnant.  Whoops!  

Oh my gosh when that pregnancy test came back positive we laughed and laughed!!!  By that time he was 38 years old and I was 31 and we had to explain to our parents that I was knocked up.  Here we were, 2 full grown adults, both professionals, both with kids, CLEARLY we know how babies are made, and here we were expecting a child without even being engaged, LOL.

We OWNED that in grand style!!!  What more can you do?  And I have to tell you we STILL laugh to this day and our DD is 14 years old. I imagine I'll be laughing someday when she finally does the math in her head....:o)   

It's life. You only get one shot in this world.  So you got pregnant before marriage?  If that's the only thing someone can try to hurt you with, well, you've led a pretty damn good life.

Quoting owl0210: Lame...is that all you got?

Quoting Anonymous:

LMFAO shotgun wedding.

Quoting owl0210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)