Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who are divorced, how do you do it??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
I have been married for 25 years and successfully raised my kids (who are now out of college) with their biological dad. Even though my dh and I aren't the most compatible, I stuck it out for the sake of keeping my family together! I can't imagine not being with my children 100% of the time!! It would have driven me crazy!! I have a lot of empathy for divorced moms who have shared custody!! Does it ever get easier? How do you cope if there is a stepmother involved? Do you get jealous? I cannot fathom sharing my kids with another woman!!! I give you divorced mommas so much credit for dealing with all that!! I am so thankful that I didn't have to go through that, although I do wish that I had a more fulfilling relationship. My dh really isn't the right guy for me, although he's not a bad guy. I guess you can't have it all, most of the time!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutumnLove14
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM
5 moms liked this
They don't really handle it well from what I've seen, I also don't see how they deserve any credit they took the easier way out. I commend you for knowing what's better.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I have custody and my son sees his dad a couple days a year for "the annual disruption". I like my ex's girlfriend quite a bit, its him that's the asshole. I'm not jealous of her in the least. I just want him to stop making promises he will never keep because that upsets my son and I'm the one who deals with his disappearing act.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this
The "easy way out" has kept us out of poverty.

Quoting AutumnLove14: They don't really handle it well from what I've seen, I also don't see how they deserve any credit they took the easier way out. I commend you for knowing what's better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!! I don't know that they really did take the easy way out though! Divorce is no picnic and dealing with the aftermath can bring a lot of hardships too (less money, work more to get by, share the kids, deal with the ex, etc.). For me it was easier and more sensible to stay!! Had there been addiction issues, abuse, or chronic cheating, I would have left!! But only then.

Quoting AutumnLove14: They don't really handle it well from what I've seen, I also don't see how they deserve any credit they took the easier way out. I commend you for knowing what's better.
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Seriously?  I'm not a divorced mom... but WTF.

catcameback
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:19 PM
6 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that's good that you have your child the majority of the time!!! Broken promises are so harmful to a child!! I know what that's like coming from a dysfunctional alcoholic home! :-(. Your ex needs to get a clue!!

Quoting quickbooksworm: I have custody and my son sees his dad a couple days a year for "the annual disruption". I like my ex's girlfriend quite a bit, its him that's the asshole. I'm not jealous of her in the least. I just want him to stop making promises he will never keep because that upsets my son and I'm the one who deals with his disappearing act.
AutumnLove14
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Well most of them ream there husbands paycheck and then use him as a glorified baby sitter. And pick up the welfare tab.

I don't blame the ones that have to for their kids safety but I feel like they are dramatic most of the time.

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you!! I don't know that they really did take the easy way out though! Divorce is no picnic and dealing with the aftermath can bring a lot of hardships too (less money, work more to get by, share the kids, deal with the ex, etc.). For me it was easier and more sensible to stay!! Had there been addiction issues, abuse, or chronic cheating, I would have left!! But only then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Um yeah! Why WTF?? I'm just expressing my feelings and opinion and empathy for divorced moms! Something wrong with that?!

Quoting Ginger0104:

Ginger0104
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Were you intending to be condescending?

Quoting Anonymous: Um yeah! Why WTF?? I'm just expressing my feelings and opinion and empathy for divorced moms! Something wrong with that?!
Quoting Ginger0104:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN