Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jarkrt
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this
No way would I let her stay to "help." She'll be more of a hindrance than a help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Makes sense.  I know my dh loves her, but there was no need for me to try and build a stronger relationship even if it was for the kids.  I am still glad I tried, but I am staying out of it now.

Quoting Anonymous:

my dh didnt talk to his mother for 15 yrs and just has recently started talking to her. I stay out of it.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM
My mil showed up at my house in the middle of the day after we came home from the hospital with dd. She tried to worm her way into staying with us a few weeks andwhen she said oh brayden is easy. I'll help with the baby and you just deal with the toddler. Piece of cake... Um get real honey.

Thank god when we had the last baby she had moved out of state but she did come up for two days two weeks after he was born. If my sil had not been with her I might have hurt her. Nothing here was good enough for her. The men were repairing a wall and that was 2 loud and giving her a headache and she shouldn't have to deal with that on her vacation.

She's a winner that one. I just hide out with the baby and let my older kids keep her busy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM

That's what I'm afraid of...  Very afraid.  I'm thinking I may give her a short trial, but if it's not working she will have to go.  She only lives about 45 miles from me.

Quoting jarkrt: No way would I let her stay to "help." She'll be more of a hindrance than a help.

nopenope666
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM
My mil is awesome, its my mom whos fucking bat shit crazy
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol.  I told my husband I may just stay in our room with the baby, to "rest and recover".. I don't know if I will be able to deal otherwise.

Quoting BraydensMama163: My mil showed up at my house in the middle of the day after we came home from the hospital with dd. She tried to worm her way into staying with us a few weeks andwhen she said oh brayden is easy. I'll help with the baby and you just deal with the toddler. Piece of cake... Um get real honey. Thank god when we had the last baby she had moved out of state but she did come up for two days two weeks after he was born. If my sil had not been with her I might have hurt her. Nothing here was good enough for her. The men were repairing a wall and that was 2 loud and giving her a headache and she shouldn't have to deal with that on her vacation. She's a winner that one. I just hide out with the baby and let my older kids keep her busy.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM
No way would I allow her to be near my kids if she acted like that.
"no" is a full and complete sentence all by itself. Tell her she is not welcome while you heal.
Stop trying so hard. Dh not wanting anything to do with her should tell you everything you need to know. Stop pushing for a relationship that simply isn't there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Glad you have a good mil.. I think that is what I was hoping for when I made all my efforts at building a relationship.  I guess we all have a crazy one in the family somewhere

Quoting nopenope666: My mil is awesome, its my mom whos fucking bat shit crazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 10:49 PM
My mil stayed with us for a month after I had ds. She did nothing but make my life easier. She did most of the cooking, cleaning, drive the older kids to and from school/afterschool activities, and stayed up with the baby a few nights when I was running fevers. She's fucking awesome and I know I'm lucky to have her in my life.
nopenope666
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:49 PM
I would rather it be my mom, but, I'll take what i can get. Currently, my mom is pissed off bc i wont forgo breastfeeding alltoghter and go straight to formula so she can keep my nb over night. He wont be allowed there over night any fucking way, her husband is abusive and shes a drunk.
Do you have a good relationship with your own mom?

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad you have a good mil.. I think that is what I was hoping for when I made all my efforts at building a relationship.  I guess we all have a crazy one in the family somewhere

Quoting nopenope666: My mil is awesome, its my mom whos fucking bat shit crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)