• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all Christians

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
I know this isn't the right place for this but will give it shot because I can be anonymous and I already belong to this group. I am a Christian and I want a divorce. Divorce is bad..... And any marriage I have in the future would be seen as adultery? Would Jesus really want me to remain this unhappy? I keep trying for two reasons my kids and my faith. Any insight from a Christian standpoint on divorce would be great. I'm so unhappy.......
Posted by Anonymous on May. 4, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 4, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I'm a Christian. There are many times when divorce is absolutely acceptable. The God I believe in would not want me to remain in an adulterous relationship with a man who was trying to convince me that having multiple girlfriends while married was acceptable because the men in the bible did it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:45 PM
The answer is I'm supposed to stay married according to the bible. This would be a really lame troll post. I could totally come up with something more clever if I wanted to troll

Quoting Anonymous:

if youre actually Christian you would know these answers yourself,

good try troll

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 10:45 PM
My church won't hold a divorce against you. We're Lutheran. They would suggest counseling first, unless it involves abuse. Then the pastor will hold you hand on the way to file.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Adultery was the only acceptable reason :/ I seen in the bible

Quoting Anonymous: I'm a Christian. There are many times when divorce is absolutely acceptable. The God I believe in would not want me to remain in an adulterous relationship with a man who was trying to convince me that having multiple girlfriends while married was acceptable because the men in the bible did it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I'm not worried about the church holding it against me.....

Quoting Danesmommy1: My church won't hold a divorce against you. We're Lutheran. They would suggest counseling first, unless it involves abuse. Then the pastor will hold you hand on the way to file.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think God will either.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm not worried about the church holding it against me.....

Quoting Danesmommy1: My church won't hold a divorce against you. We're Lutheran. They would suggest counseling first, unless it involves abuse. Then the pastor will hold you hand on the way to file.
Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I struggled with this before I filed and went thru with it. My X struggled with drugs/alcohol and did not see that he had a problem  so he did not turn for help. This was not a journey I was willing to travel with him and drag our son along

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM
You feel okay about it????

Quoting Robin-Christine:

I struggled with this before I filed and went thru with it. My X struggled with drugs/alcohol and did not see that he had a problem  so he did not turn for help. This was not a journey I was willing to travel with him and drag our son along

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 4, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

As a Christian no matter how unhappy you are, if there isn't cheating or physical endangerment, there is always a way to become happy again. GOD HEALS!! Rember that. Have you read His Needs Her Needs? or The 5 Love Languages? Those two books helped my marriage. I was unhappy for 7 years. We went to separate counsoling and marriage retreats. We fought for our marriage. Fight for your marriage. Pray to God, lean on Him. Worship God, He will help you. 
God bless!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this

God is loving and accepting, he knows we've made mistakes and continue to make them. If you have tried everything you can to make the marriage work and it has been unsusuccessful, I don't think he will hold it against you. Good luck in whatever decision you make.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)